Chapter 28: soup for the soul

Cyborg stayed in Stars room for a while longer, talking with Robin, learning more about his leader and his backstory. Cyborg was amazed at every word that came out of leaders mouth.
"The flying grayson's" robin smirked. "We were world famous, known by all." His smile turned to a frown as he looked down. "That all changed when a group of gangsters came to the circus, they tampered with the high wire and trapeze equipment."
Cyborg put his hand on Robins shoulder.
Robin turned his head to the wall, looking away from cyborg and into his reflection from the med bay window. "My parents performed their routine that night, but the bolts gave way and they fell to their death. In front of the crowd, in front of me. I met Batman and Alfred a few days later, Batman and I aren't always seeing eye to eye and Alfred is always there for me when I need someone to go to."
Cyborg stared at Robins reflection in the mirror. "We are always here for you Robin, we are your family too, and family is always there for each other." Robin smiled.
"I couldn't agree more." Light flooded into the dark room as the door slid open. Alfred stood smiling at the two titans. He walked over to Robin and handed him a plate with a cover over top. " It was your favorite, winter in Gotham was always cold and harsh but every time you smelled it you would warm up automatically." Alfred soup.
"Three cheese chicken soup!" Robin said as his frown turned to a smile. "Thank you Alfred"
Alfred turned his attention towards cyborg. "I don't mean to interrupt but Cyborg would you mind helping me serve Beastboy, I have a strong feeling he could use some soup and a friend."
Cyborg nodded and stood up. He patted Robin on the back as Bird boy drooled over his soup.
Alfred smiled and walked out with cyborg following him.
Alfred looked up and watched the doors shut.
"It's a good thing Master Dick has friends like you and the others. I'd be afraid of where he would be mentally if he didnt. I'm sure you have learned his work habits by now." Alfred smirked. Cyborg thought back to all the times Robin indulged himself in his work. "Well there was the time he turned into a villain to catch slade, and the time he believe slade was still alive but that was a chemical reagent in the dust."
Alfred chuckled. "He learned those habits from his caretaker. The worlds greatest detective yes, the worlds greatest time manager not so much." Alfred lifted up lids on different plates. "Ah yes, three cheese tofu soup. Tricky this one was to make, but I must say one of my greatest challenges to date." Alfred smiled as he handed cyborg the plate, " now hurry along. I sense some deep trouble in that room." Cyborg sighed and walked in the direction of Raven's room. He turned around one last time to face Alfred. "Nothing is better than soup for the soul." He said as he waved his hands for cyborg to continue on. If there was one person more protective than Robin it was BeastBoy. Ever since BeastBoy had the Chemical spill Accident with Adonis something wild had been unleashed in him. In states of emergency the beast within takes control and it can be hard to get through to him some days.  He walked over to the doors, light flooded the dark room as they opened. He looked around the room as his eyes adjusted to the dark, "BeastBoy?" He whispered out. A deep growl echoed back from the corner behind him. Cyborg walked back over to the door and shut it, with all the light he couldn't see to the corner past it. Once the light disappeared he saw what the darkness held. BeastBoy sat in the corner  shifted into a wolf, protecting Raven from anyone that came in, he would see him before they ever saw him & he would attack them.  "BB it's me Cyborg." Cyborg said as he placed the soup on the floor and slowly removed the lid. "I brought food." BeastBoy extended his neck and sniffed the air, he walked over to the bowl and lapped it up to taste it. Cyborg pet BeastBoy on the head just as he would a dog, sometimes the kid could be scary and intimidating, even to cyborg but that was rarely. BeastBoy changed back into a human to finish his soup.
"Dude this is amazing. Who made it!" He asked excitedly. He flinched when he realized how loud he was being , he turned around to see if he disturbed Raven & was greeted with the still body of his girlfriend. He sighed, his ears dropped down "She's gonna be okay right ? She isn't moving." He said sadly. Cyborg put his hand on his friends head and roughed his hair up a little bit. He wrapped his tiny green friend in a bear hug. "She's a fighter BB" Cy said.
BB smiled, " yes she is, she really is." 
"If you need anything just call BB, I'll be back soon." Cyborg said as he walked out the door.
BeastBoy walked over to the window and began eating his soup while watching the ocean below. At this point the sun was starting to rise, the stars were being driven away by the bright light of the sun. BeastBoy loved the starry night skies, they reminded him of his Raven.
He remembered when they first met, the mask he wore from the doom patrol, she made fun of it and she didn't laugh at his jokes so easily. She was always someone he couldn't figure out and that's what he loved. She was independent, strong, passionate even if she didn't want to admit it, and she was beautiful inside and out. He set his soup on the table next to the window and walked over the Raven. "I love you Rae, I always have." BeastBoy said as he laid his hand on hers. He closed his eyes. "Please don't leave me alone." He said.
He was so deep in thought that he hadn't noticed the commotion that had started next door, that was until the wall separating the rooms came crumbling down as a green light ray burst through followed by Robin flying against the wall.
BeastBoy just stared at Robin as he gathered his footing.
"Stars awake." Robin said as he held his head. "She still thinks she's in danger, she's not listening to me or cyborg. She's not snapping out of it."
BeastBoy walked over to the hole in the wall and peered through watching a scared Starfire be cornered by Cyborg.
"Star It's me. Cyborg. It's going to be okay, you don't have to be scared of me." He said softly as he reached out to put her hands down. She had her starbolts aimed at him. For a minute it seemed like she was listening to him, that was until a half asleep bumble bee burst through her door scaring her. She blasted cyborg into Raven's room and Bumble Bee through the med bay wall. Alfred appeared on the other side of BeastBoy.
"Well are you going to try and talk to her?" Alfred asked BeastBoy.
"Me?! Why don't you go talk to her." BeastBoy asked.
"I'm not stupid, why do you think I came in this way instead of her room." Alfred said. Starfire directed her attention towards them. Alfred and BeastBoys eyes widened as she began to approach them. "Teas ready!" Alfred said as he hurried out of the room. BeastBoy grumbled under his breath. "Alfreedddd"
"Star." BeastBoy said  calmly. "I don't want to fight you, you're scared."
"You are all not real." She said. She believed they were still a figure of the hotels evil.
"Star we aren't going to hurt you." BeastBoy said. "Speak for yourself" bumble bee grumbled as she walked through the door. Starfire raised her star bolt in bees direction.
"Not helping Bee." He growled.
She raised her hands up and backed away from them.
"Star, what happened. Why do you think we are going to hurt you." BeastBoy asked.
"Robin left me, he let steel come back, he never cared or loved me." She said sadly. "He betrayed me."
"Star I..." Robin said from behind BeastBoy.
"Steel is with terra, star, Robin wouldn't have left you, none of us would." BeastBoy said. She looked up at him. "Think. Remember the mall, remember the date with Robin , remember the first time you came to earth."BeastBoy said as he grabbed Robins arm behind him and switched places with him. Starfire lowered her arm. Robin inched closer. "Starfire Id never do that too you, I'm not going to hurt you. You just have to trust me." He grabbed her hands. She looked into his eyes, sometime had gone by  from when they first met and Robin had finally grown to meet her height. Her expression softened as she fell to her knees. " I got you, I got you." Robin said as he caught her. He held her with one arm around her waist and one hand behind her head. Tears streamed down her face as she swung her arms around his neck. Cyborg, bumble bee and Alfred all stuck their heads around the door. "is it safe?" They asked. BeastBoy nodded his head as he looked down at Raven. He was glad Starfire was awake but all he wanted was to see those deep violet eyes he loved so much. Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe it was fate, or maybe Raven could really hear his thoughts because that's when her eyes flashed opened and the vase next to her broke in an energy burst.