Chapter 7: Exposed

Steel followed the directions Robin had gave him all while holding a sleeping Star in his arms. He came upon a metal door that had "Starfire" written in big bold letters.
"This must be it." He said to himself. He looked down at her. The door slid open.
"She's gorgeous, too bad bird boy didn't take his shot." He mumbled as he walked her into her room.
He pulled back her comforted and laid her down on her bed. He pulled the comforter back over him and turned to walk out, only to be stopped by a gentle tug at his sleeve.
"Please stay with me." Starfire mumbled
"I don't think—" he was cut off mid sentence by Starfire.
"I do not wish to be alone, I am feeling under the weather. As you may call it." She tugged on his sleeve again. He smiled at her as he crawled in bed next to her.
She wrapped her arm around his body and laid her head on his chest. He smiled and played with her hair.
"Twinkle twinkle little star" he sang quietly.
"You are funny Steel." Starfire said groggily. She was falling deeper into sleep with every passing minute. He smirked.
"I try my best."
"You and BeastBoy will become the best of friends." Star said slowly nodding off. "I just know—" she couldn't even finish her sentence she was exhausted. Steel looked down at the sleeping girl he held in his arms. He smiled and continued to play with her hair. She was sweet and kind to him, she was gentle and soft yet tough and hard when need be. He traced his finger along her back and down her upper arm. She yawned in her sleep and pulled him closer to her. Before he knew it he began to nod off too. He tried his best to stay awake but it was no use, she was so comforting and warm. He fell asleep with her pulling him in tight.
What no body noticed, was a tiny green speck flying throughout the room and into the air vents.

BeastBoy flew back to the common room in search for Robin. The lights were off and the system was activated.
"Hmm"
BeastBoy said while tapping his chin.
He changed back into a fly and flew into the vents to Robins room.
Robin was sitting at his laptop typing the name Steel Rocker into his search engine. He pressed enter. As soon as the results came up BeastBoy flew through the vent and landed on Robins screen.
"BeastBoy?"
Robin asked the tiny creature.
The fly flew to the middle of the room and changed into a green boy.
"The one and only" BeastBoy beamed.
"Cut it out, what did you see? What were they doing?" Robin asked hastily.
"Tough crowd." BeastBoy scoffed. "Relax Rob, he put Starfire in her bed."
"And where did he go?" Robin asked next.
"Well."
BeastBoy rubbed the back of his neck
"He tried to leave but Star pulled him back and he climbed into bed with her. They kinda fell asleep together."
BeastBoy shielded himself from incoming impact.
Robin ground his teeth together.
"He has to go."

"Relax, I'm sure he will tomorrow. Until then get some sleep. I swear sometimes we'd mistake you for your father with your sleep schedule." BeastBoy groaned as he walked out of the room
They weren't wrong. Robin had inherited Batman's sleeping schedule along with a myriad of other talents. Robin glanced over at his laptop. Detective skills being one of the top five.
"Maybe" Robin said as he walked back over to his laptop and began searching. Hours went by and Before he knew it tomorrow had come. Another sleepless night for the boy wonder, but it wasn't a complete loss. He found information on the person he was looking for.
"Turns out Mr.Rocker has more of a rocky history than we thought he did." He closed his laptop and began searching around his room for a fresh set of clothes. He was still wearing his uniform from yesterday and it was beginning to become noticeable. He grabbed another uniform from his closet and headed to the showers.
He turned out of his door and BAM. He ran straight into the back of someone.
He kneeled down and collected his things. It was Steel.
"What are you doing here?" Robin asked Steel.
"Look man, I think we got off on the wrong foot yesterday. I didn't mean to seem like a jerk." Steel said offering his hand to help Robin up. Robin eyed the offer and didn't take it.
"We cool?"
Steel said as he let his hand fall back down to his side.
" I don't know, are we Rocker? You are a stranger coming into my house and staying with my friend. What haven't you told us?" Robin snapped back.
"I don't know what your talking about." Steel said.
"I'm sure you don't. I'm sure you don't. Robin said walking away. He slowly moved his hand to his belt and grabbed a metal disk in his hand.
"Think fast." He yelled as he flung around and threw the disk at Steel.
The metal stopped and levitated a few inches away from the bridge of Steel's nose.
"Metallokinesis" Robin said with a smirk. "People don't hide things from me. And if they try I find out. I will ALWAYS find out."
Robin turned and left Steel in the hallway with his levitating piece of metal. Steel sighed and watched as Robin turned the corner of the hallway.
"Guess my secret is out." Steel said. He dropped the metal in his hand and slipped it into his pocket. He turned and walked the other way towards the common room. His eyes glowed grey as the metal in the ceiling and walls began to creak and cave. He snapped himself out of it.
He turned behind him and looked into the darkness of the hallway. He could already picture Robin giving his secret away to the rest of the titans. He didn't care if Robin told everyone, he wasn't intending to keep it from them, especially not from Starfire. He just wanted to be the one to tell them and not leave them believing they couldn't trust him.
" Fine, if he wants war, he will get war." Steel growled. His eyes flashed grey again and this time the walls began to twist and turn on his command. He turned to look at the wall . Where the wall used to run flat now stood a letter R with an X through it carved into the center with metal outlining every inch of the letters. He smirked and walked away, this time knowing he was going to take his shot at not just the girl, but the whole team.