Chapter 25: Fighter

Black energy swept the through the hotel. Every inch, every corridor, every corner had been cleared by her energy.
The black energy swept the room BeastBoy and Robin were in releasing them from the traps the mysterious glowing orbs had bestowed upon them. The door swung open, as they ran out of the room to go find Raven the door slammed shut and locked on its own once again. Robin looked at BeastBoy.
"Let's get Raven and get out of here before any thing else strange happens." Robin said.
"Dude this is like a mix between Mad Mod and Mumbo!" BeastBoy replied.
They ran through different rooms, each one was quiet. Finally they came to a room at the end of a long corridor, BeastBoy shifted into a wolf and began to creep up to the door carefully. He sniffed beneath the door frame, a familiar scent was on the other side accompanied by the sound of a faint, fading heart beat. His eyes widened, "Raven..." he thought to himself.
He backed up, shifted into a ram and lunged at the door, knocking it down in one movement. Robin followed in. Raven laid face first on the floor, still as a board, cold as an ice cube. This hotel was more than just a mad house, it was a curse. Designed to ruin those trapped within the walls, Starfire had fallen but Raven fought her way through it.
She could feel a pair of arms pick her up and move swiftly through the hotel. She couldn't tell how fast they were going or who it was, she was trying her hardest to keep fighting, to not let go because if she did she might never come back.
Robin felt a vibration in his pants pocket. He took out his phone and looked at the caller ID.
"Bruce" appeared on the screen.
He flipped the phone open. "Go." He said.
"I'm tracking The riddler and joker back to Gotham. As soon as Starfire had been caught they fled. I will keep you updated." Batman replied. "Hurry up and get out of that place, it's not going to be pretty in a couple minutes. I had Alfred do some digging while we were away. It's not just a hotel, it's a traveling portal. It appears and reappears in the different places in different times. It's more than 1,000 years old, looking at its pattern you only have a matter of minutes to get out of there." Robin raised and eyebrow and looked at BeastBoy as they walked through the halls. He was just about to open his mouth and let the words come out when the building began to shake violently. "SHIT." He yelled in the phone as he snapped it closed. "RUN!" He shouted at BeastBoy as they took off down the hallway. Dodging rocks and debris, stumbling down stairs trying to make it out in time. "ROBIN!" BeastBoy yelled as he motioned towards at window that had a break in it. Robin took out a pocket knife from his belt and used the blunt end to smash out the rest of the pane. He grabbed his grappling hook and climbed half way out the window as BeastBoy handed over a unconscious Raven. Robin nodded and aimed his hook at a near by tree and swung off with Raven in one arm. BeastBoy watched as his friend and lover glided across the night sky to safety. For a minute he forgot where he was, until the building began to sink, he turned into a hawk and flew out the window, going up into the sky and circling over head before coming back down to earth to join his friends. He stood next to Robin as they watched the ground swallow the hotel whole, they could hear horrifying non-human screams come from inside as different lights swirled through the inside of the building. In a blink of an eye the hotel had fully submerged under ground and had left no trace of evidence that it was even there. The ground had patched itself back together and grass had rolled back out throughout the hills. The hotel was gone. Robin looked over at BeastBoy as Raven began to become heavier and more lifeless in his arms. "We need to get her back soon." He said. BeastBoy turned around and walked over to her. He stroked her hair and cupped her cheek with his hand, his eyes softened. "How are we going to get back in time?" He asked Robin. "She can't make it much longer."  Robin bowed his head, a roaring sound came from over the hills. A black helicopter flew in their direction & lowered as it got closer to the teens. The black door slid open. "ANYONE NEED A LIFT?" Cyborg yelled as he poked his head out with a giant corny smile. The teens looked at each other and ran over to the machine. Robin handed Raven to Cyborg as he climbed in, BeastBoy followed.
"Where's Star?" Robin asked nervously.
"She's in med bay, bee is taking care of her right now. They did a number on her." Cyborg replied. "But She should be okay." He smiled at a worried Robin, trying to ease his friends mind.
"Uh whose driving this thing?" BeastBoy asked as they began to take off. Cyborgs smile grew, he pulled the door to the cockpit back to reveal a friend.
Robins worried face began to relax when he saw Alfred behind the control panel.
"Master Bruce and I came to an agreement, you are going to need help now that two of your team mates are in need of care. He's going back to Gotham for awhile but I will be staying here as a friend ." Alfred winked. "If that's okay with you Master Richard." Robin smiled. "You are always welcome Alfred."
"Good good! I've phoned ahead, Bumble Bee will have a room ready for Raven. Seems she's a strong one." Alfred replied.
BeastBoy looked at his girlfriend, "She's one of the strongest people I know."
Even though Raven was unconscious her soul was still stirring. She could hear everything that was going on, she was fighting inside her mind to stay alive and stay with them, but this time she wasn't fighting for herself, she was fighting for BeastBoy.