Chapter 5: Identity

Starfire followed close behind BeastBoy as the entered the Med Bay. BeastBoy walked over to Cyborg, he was monitoring Robins vitals. BeastBoy looked up at the screen. Blood pressure and heart rate had sky rocketed, he was in medical distress. Cyborg peered over his shoulder, he saw Starfire clutching Robin's helmet. He knew she was holding back tears.
Cyborg turned to BeastBoy.
"Three of his ribs are broken, ankle is sprained, and his wrist has torn ligaments. There's a lot of internal bruising but no out of hand internal bleeding. Ravens healing him as we speak."
"Is he going to be okay?" Starfire said weakly
" I think so Star, you need to ask Raven though." Cyborg replied
Starfire nodded. She walked behind a curtain to another bed and sat on the edge of it. She cried quietly, not wanting to upset her friends.

"I'm going to go watch the cities security cameras back and try to find out what that white creature is." BeastBoy said to Cyborg.
He looked in the direction of the curtain. He leaned close to Cyborg.
"Take care of her Cy." He whispered.
Cyborg nodded and smiled. 
He was closest with BeastBoy and Starfire. That was his brother and sister, he would always take care of them no matter what.
As BeastBoy left the room Cyborg stared over at the curtain Star was behind. He walked over to it.
"Star?" He said calmly.
Starfire wiped her tears dry.
"Yes" she whimpered
"May I join you?" He asked
"I am not presentable at the moment." She said trying to get him to go away.
He knew better than that. He pulled back the curtain to see a distraught Starfire. Her eyes were puffy, her cheeks were tear stained and her whole face was red. He could see the puddles from fallen tear drops on the red helmet she was clutching so tightly.
He sat next to her and put his arm around her shoulder. She leaned in and rested her head on him. She let more tears fall.
Raven exited Robins room. She looked over at the both of them.
"He's stable. I healed his broken bones as much as I could, they aren't as bad but he  will need bed rest for awhile." She turned to Star. "He's going to be okay." Star flew straight not Raven and gave her a hug. "Thank you friend Raven." This hug wasn't the bone crushing hugs Starfire is known to give, this was gentle and calm. Raven was caught off guard. She put her hand on Stars shoulder and awkwardly tapped it.
"No problem. It's what we do." She said as Starfire released her from the hug.
"May I see him?" She asked.
"Go right ahead." Raven stated. She turned to Cyborg. "Where's the Grass stain at?"

"He's upstairs going through footage of the fight." He replied.
Raven turned and looked at Star walking into Robins room.
"Let's give them sometime." Raven said.
Cyborg looked over at Star and smiled as he followed Raven out of the Med Bay.

Starfire walked into Robins room. It was dark and cool. He was still in his uniform. He was laying straight and still. "Robin" Star said quietly.
"Hey Star" Robin said groggily
He was being given sedation meds via I.V. He was trying his hardest to fight sleep, he wanted to see her.
"Shhh.. you need to recover." She said as she cupped his cheek in her hand. He put his hand up on hers and cradled it. He smiled at her. She looked at his vitals. Everything was coming back down to a normal rate, as his hand went limp on hers she knew he had fallen asleep.
She scanned his skin for bruises and scratches. Most of them were beginning to fade but there was one that caught her eye. It was directly under his mask. She knew Robin would not like this but she did it anyways. She left the room to get a bag of ice and a paper towel. When she returned she folded the paper towel in half and put the ice bag on top of it. She gently removed his mask and laid it on the nightstand next to the bed. She placed the ice on his eye and held it there for awhile before taking it off to let it warm up. She did this a couple more times before putting the mask back on. She repeated the process every couple of hours.
About two hours later she was repeating the process of icing the bruise that was slowly turning into a black eye when Robin awoke. His hand went straight to his eyes. He covered them.
He began searching around for his mask.
He felt a hand gently grasp his over his eyes.
"Robin..." a gentle voice said
It was Starfire. She tugged at his hand to move it from his face. He trusted her and at this point if he ever wanted to be more than just friends she would have to known who he was eventually. He removed his hand slowly. His vision was focusing on Star.
"You have the most gorgeous eyes." Star said " They are more beautiful than the moons of Tamaran." She smiled
He smiled back.
"Thank you" he said
She placed the ice back onto his eye.
"Oh Robin, we will bring this monster to justice." Starfire said
"We have to Star. If you got hurt, I don't know what I would do." He stared at the ground.
His eyes widened
She cocked her head to side and gave him a confused look.* What was he saying, what does this mean?* she thought to herself.
"You and the other titans, of course." Robin laughed nervously. Trying to hide the fact he had feelings for her.
"Yes indeed." Star sighed
"I shall leave you to get the rest you require." She turned and walked out the door.
He sighed and closed his eyes as he fell back asleep. He loved her, he didn't want her to go, he wanted her to stay with him all night and never leave but, for now it was best he didn't tell her his true feelings. He knew it was hurting her inside and he decided to tell her soon. As soon as he got out of this hospital bed. What he didn't know is that Starfire never really left him. She was sitting just outside his door watching the security cameras in his room. She would protect him, even if he didn't know she was there. When he was awake she would join him in the room, but during the night while he was asleep she would guard his room and watch the cameras like a hawk. This is where she stayed for weeks on end. Every time one of the titans brought Robin his meals they would bring her something too. They had tried to convince her to leave the door at night and come watch movies with them while he slept but it was pointless. She was glued to her position next to that door and she would not leave. Not even if her life depended on it.