Chapter 23: The Evil inside

BeastBoy felt him self drifting away, away into a dimension of bliss. The quiet, the peace, the tranquility. He closed his eyes as his soul began to float farther and farther away. Everything was calm, until a force pulled him away from the great beyond. A streak of black and the smell of lavender greeted him as he began to gain control of his body. His vision was still blurry but he could make out the silhouette of a roundish face. He could start to make out the colors and shadows around him. Violet hair framed the face and fell perfectly to it's side.
"Garfield.." a sweet voice said. It sounded relieved, like a sense of worry had left the body and entered the air. He felt the pressure of a body on top of his and the tickle of a face muzzle into the crook of his neck.
The scent of lavender once again arose from the mistress of the shadows. He heard the heartbeat of the one person that meant the universe to him.
"Hey mama" he wrapped his arms around Raven and held her tightly. She got off of him and pulled him up with her before kissing him on the neck one last time. BeastBoy rubbed his head and looked around as his vision came into place. Cyborg was sitting up against a wall fixing his circuitry, and Robin was laying on the ground still unconscious. His heart beat was steady as BeastBoy could hear it through his trained ears. "Where did you get this sick suit Rae ?" BeastBoy said looking his lady up and down. "I've been working on it." Raven blushed. "Ever since Slade and my dad we're defeated I have been constructing it. I finished it a couple weeks ago, I didn't think I would have to use it in a situation like this though." She looked down a little bit upset.
"It's okay Rae." BeastBoy said lifting her head with his hand.
"Man Raven you did a number on my system." Cyborg said from the corner of the tunnel.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you guys. I thought you were them." Raven replied.
"And whose them." Robins voice entered the conversation. His voice was deep and groggy, like he had just woken up from a deep sleep.
Raven sighed. "The riddler and the joker. I'm taking it you know them."
Robin held his head. " a little too well perhaps."
"There! All fixed, as long as no one blast me again I should be fine." Cyborg said as he glared at Raven. She smirked awkwardly.
"I'd hold that thought Cy." Robin said nervously. "Batman's signaling. She's here."
Several explosions came from above ground and rattled the tunnel. Dirt started crumbling down on them.  The teens looked at each other and nodded. They ran out of the tunnel to a fight between the dark knight and the alien princess.
"The rope held longer than I thought it would." Cyborg said. He charged up his sonic cannon and fired hitting Star directly in the side. He didn't want to hurt her, none of the team did, but at this point it wasn't an option. She wasn't herself, she was a machine and not in the good way. 
Raven backed up to BeastBoys back as Starbolts pelted down onto them, she created an energy shield to protect them. He morphed into a squirrel and scurried off into the nearest tree.
"I'm going for the Riddler and Joker."Batman called out to Robin. Robin nodded as he threw Ice disks into the air at his girlfriend. She whipped around towards him not noticing the green squirrel jump from a tree and morph into a gorilla. He grabbed her and pulled her down onto the ground. She grabbed the green gorilla by the arm and swung him around before sending him flying into a nearby tree. Robin launched himself into the air attempting to strike her with a kick. Starfire turned around and grabbed him by his leg. She swung him in circles before sending him flying at a firing Cyborg, taking them both down and out.
"Why are you hiding Raven."  Starfire called out. " You're not scared of me are you. I mean you should be."
She floated around looking for the Violet haired girl.
Star smirked. "Must have run off...EEEEE"  Starfire was whipped around by a black energy beam. Raven's eyes were glowing white, both hands up encased in black. "Let Starfire Go." She growled.
"I can't do that deary." A demonic voice came from starfires mouth.
Raven clenched her jaw and held her ground as the evil controlling Starfire began to squirm around. Starfires eye beams went from green to bright red and began shooting towards Raven. Several of the beams bounced off of her metal guards on her suit and hit nearby trees. One of the beams hit BeastBoy trying to help cyborg and Robin up, it sent them flying across the Forrest floor.
"She's industructable!" BeastBoy yelled.
"Not for long." Raven yelled.
Her eyes began to flare up with white energy as she kept the alien princess in her grasp.
"Azarath, Metrion, ZINTHOS." Raven yelled as white lightening traveled up her arms from the suit, lacing it's self with her black energy. They swirled around Starfire as the evil begged and screamed for release. The energy levitated Starfire up in the air, as a bright red phantom Starfire with black eyes began to separate its self from her body. Raven held it in the white energy while a green glow of goodness began to over take Starfires body. Raven motioned at Robin to get ready as she dropped one hand and let Starfire fall into the arms of her lover below. She then created a force field around a tree nearby and set it a blaze.
"The only way to kill an evil, is to make sure it can never reform."Raven said as she guided her other hand over the flames.
"No, please, I can be good. I promise." The phantom hissed as raven clenched her fist harder on the force.
She stepped back from the forcefield and released her grip, allowing the evil to fall straight into the fiery pit down below.
Shrieks of a thousand demons could be heard for miles as the soulless creature burned below.
BeastBoy walked up to raven and put his hand around her waist.
"I missed you mama." He said nuzzling his face into her hair.
"I missed you too." She said turning to his face and laying her head on his chest.
He reached his hand down into his pocket and pulled her necklace out. He draped it around her neck and clipped it in the back.
"I thought you might want this back." He smiled.
She touched it and smiled back. "I do, but the main thing I wanted back was you."
He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her in close as they looked at the stars above them.
"Starfires demon reminded me of how I used to be before we defeated my father. It really made me think about the evil in the world, the evil in the purest of places." She turned around and watched as Robin sat next to a sleeping Starfire. Watching her every breath as if it was her last.
"Raven, we all have that devil within us, for some of us it's a beast." He smirked. "But the trick is knowing when to overcome it before it overcomes you."
Raven nodded.
"She couldn't overcome her fear, so the fear in the hotel took her and changed her."
"Fear?" BeastBoy asked confused.
"I have a lot to tell you about, but first. Let's find that clown." Raven glared.
With that Robin sent Cyborg back to the helicopter with Starfire and left to go find the enemies that had caused all this chaos and pain within his team.
———————
"She's a strong girl, stronger than we believed." The riddler said watching through his cameras set up in the Forrest. In fact they had been watching this whole time, they saw everything go down between the teens. But what they didn't see was a bat sneaking through the forest on his way to pay them a visit.