Chapter 24: Raven's insanity

The teens wandered through the forest, searching for a way back to hell on earth. With each step Raven's heart began to grow heavy, she knew they were getting closer and she knew what that meant. Whatever The riddler had planned for them she knew would be met with a bang. Her footsteps slowed as she reached the wood line. The trees stopped swaying and the bushes stopped rustling, the whole world seemed to stand still as the hotel looked over them. The air was heavy, she heard voices screaming in her head. She grabbed the sides of her head and held it in her hands as she backed up.
BeastBoy turned around to look as his demoness in discomfort.
"What's wrong Rae?"
She looked up at him. "The hotel." She spit out. "It's bad news."
He nodded and held her arm.
"Where did you escape from Raven?" Robin said turning around the face his remaining teammates.
Raven pointed over the inside walls of the hotel.
Robin walked up to the giant hole in the wall. Raven closed her eyes and let the memories flood to him. A shudder creeped up his spine as he watched the events unfold in front of him. Starfires hell, the evil consuming her, her throwing raven through the wall. The memory stopped and his fist grew tighter.
He walked in through the hole in the wall and yelled out for the villains.
"JOKER. RIDDLER. SHOW YOURSELF."
He called out. No answer. Robin growled. He began to run throughout out the hotel and bust down every door. Raven followed behind a little weary to open the doors she knew terrors hid behind. She peaked in each one, where once evil had been harbored nothing was there. All that stood was old abandoned hotel rooms. Each one was the same until they got to the room where she had found her hell at. "Wait!" She called out to Robin. "Let me do this one." She said. He nodded as he moved to the side. She stood in front of it as her suit began to glow with a white energy as it laced with her black energy. The energy over took the doorknob and rattled it as the door flew open. The three titans walked in, Raven in front, the boys on each side of her. The room was covered in renaissance decor with Raven written in big black cursive letters across the walls.  It was neatly put together, it was as comforting as it was madly insane. It smelled of lavender and rain, the same smell as her room in the tower. The titans walked around and picked up objects, inspecting each one thoroughly. "Hey Rae, what's this?" BeastBoy said as he held up a leather bound book from the nightstand. Robin walked over and opened it. "This isn't good." He said. Raven walked over as he handed it to her. It was a photo album. There were Polaroid pictures of her in the book, pictures everywhere. Of everything in her life. Of her sleeping, of her in battle, of her at the park, she felt the heat rise to her face as she kept turning the pages. Some of these pictures were taken in her room, in the tower. Pictures varied from the time of her birth to less than a week ago. She looked at the pictures closer, each picture mirrored certain events she remembered writing about in her diary. She slammed the book shut as she threw it at the wall and ran out of the room. "Raven wait!" BeastBoy shouted as the door slammed behind her. He ran over to it and tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. "Shit it's locked" BeastBoy said as he turned to Robin who drew three explosive disk from his belt. The two attacked the door with force. BeastBoy turned into every animal he could, but nothing worked the door didn't budge. "We're stuck." He said. "Robin calling Raven" Robin said into the communicator.
Static replied. BeastBoy looked at the locked door. "Where are you Raven." He said worriedly.
———-
Raven ran through the building trying to find her way out. Every hallway led to another staircase that led to another winding staircase. Each way she turned she couldn't find her way out. Mirrors appeared on the walls surrounding her, each one showing her glowing eyes. She was scared, yet at the same time, fed up with this hotel and wanted nothing more than to leave. Each door she opened led to another door, and after that another door.
"Grrrr" she growled.
"Let me go."
"Can't do that sweetie." A voice moaned from the air.
She spun around.
"Who said that" she said blankly.
"Us. The spirits of insanity." Glowing orbs flew across the room, bouncing of walls left and right. "This hotel is magical isn't it?"
"You could say so." Raven said as her eyes glowed brighter.
" Magic within these walls, Magic you have not yet experienced. Come with us. Your boyfriend has." The orbs chanted. "Come with us, come with us, come with us." They revealed a glowing picture of BeastBoy and robin fighting against an army of glowing orbs in the room she had left them in. "RAVEN!" BeastBoy yelled. She could hear him through the walls to where she was. Orbs began spiraling around her, tugging at her heart and soul, trying to get her to leave with them. A wind came out of no where and threw her against a wall. "Come with us" the orbs chanted louder "COME WITH US!" Raven looked up from where she laid on the ground, her eyes still glowing a bright white. Fed up with the past events of the day she only had one thing on her mind. Leaving this hell hole with BeastBoy. She shot her hand up releasing dark energy at the orbs. Squeals were heard as her energy shot all the orbs down. "I'm ending this.. NOW." She said to herself.
"Azarath Meterion ZINTHOS." She screamed as she held both hands back making fist. A spiral of bright white energy cake from her core and swept over the whole hotel.
The air lifted, the tension was no longer heavy, the room was brighter, everything was getting brighter and that's when she hit the floor.