Chapter 30: Recall

The titans sat around her as she recalled the story piece by piece. Starfire crying at the memories flooding back, the anger on Robin and BeastBoys face at what their girls had gone through, the shock and dismay that overwhelmed cyborg and Bumblebee, and the familiar "hmmmm" that came from Alfred.  She told them everything, & spared no detail.
She told them how after they went into their rooms a bright white light crashed down and transported them to the hotel, where they met the riddler and the joker. How everything was a mix of mind games and true dark magic. Raven was dark but she was never an evil dark. Her dark was beauty, like the way stars lit up a night sky, how they are compared to diamonds on a black sheet. That was Raven's dark.
She explained how this was cold and empty, something she had only felt once before. Before she met the titans. BeastBoy put his hand on hers and gave her a small smile.
"It's okay mama." He said sweetly.
Robin wrapped his arm and cape around Starfire, pulling her in close to his side, protecting her. She let out a small whimper. Cyborgs heart broke when he heard this from her, he couldn't imagine what the girls went through, & even though he knew Raven was hurt too she empathized Starfire's situation as being torture. Raven was able to fight hers, years of meditation and training allowed her to see passed the lies of her fear, Starfire on the other hand was not the same. Both of their powers were derived from their emotions but each emotion played a different part, Starfire's emotions were very happy and open to the world, allowing her powers to spread throughout her body. Raven's emotions were trained and tamed to flow as she chose them too, letting her focus on how to use her powers as she needed. Raven's were closely guarded, Starfire's were free and wild, making Starfire the easy target for mind games like these.
Starfire dug her face into robins shoulder, she couldn't understand what she had let happen to herself.
"Maybe if I had not have been so stupid." Starfire said as she put her face into robins shoulder. He put his hand on the back of her head. "Star you aren't stupid." He said as he brushed her hair out through his gloved fingers. Starfire was fighting back tears at this point, it was hard for her to think straight.
"Terra was right, I am easy to fool." She said as while around and flew out of the room, tears following her in the air. Robin stared in disbelief. "It's okay man, she's just hurt and confused. We all are." Cyborg said.
"Yea." BeastBoy said wrapping his arm around Raven.
"I'll go talk to her." Raven said. She looked down and her eyes flowed white before flashing off. "Not yet, she needs time too let us in"
Robin let his head fall down.————
————
Starfire flew into her room and locked the door behind her. She didn't want to see anyone right now, not cyborg, not BeastBoy, not Raven, and definitely not Robin. She felt like an idiot for letting this happen to her. She grabbed her hand held mirror on her dresser and stared at her reflection, searching her soul for where she let it all go wrong. She looked at a drawer in the far right hand of her dresser, hidden by her bean bag chair. Her eyes glowed green as she dropped the mirror on her bed and walked over to the drawer. She threw the bean bag aside and yanked open the drawer to reveal pictures and trinkets from her friend ship with Terra and her relationship from steel. Most things she had gotten rid of, but she kept the smaller things. She didn't know why she kept them, she just did. It was always hard for her to forget how good they once were, that they were once her friends. Her hand turned into a fist and glowed green. She picked up the mementos with her other hand, it lit green. Most of the stuff was beginning the burn in a turtle green flame, she watched as Terras face began to burn and sizzle away, while notes steel wrote her succumbed to the flame. She took the pile of ashes from the pictures and letters to her window, she opened it and let them fly away with the wind. Starfire being one of the smartest on the team realized that even though she was angry. She had to let go, she could not forget what she couldn't forgive but, she can use it as a lesson. She took her phone out of her boot and opened it.
The message app popped up with everyone asking if she was okay, but she was only interested in one person . She typed the names in and the message and pressed send. She walked over to her closet and began to put on causal clothes to go out in. Starfire looked at her closet, "this needs to change." She said, as she pulled out clothes from the very back. She threw on a black crop top with light wash ripped jeans and her grey vans. Her phone vibrated twice, she looked down and smiled as she walked out the door and down the hall. "Something's gotta give." She said. And something was about too.