Chapter 33: Promises

Starfire's phone vibrated in her pocket.
" To my Shooting Star:  I love you, remember that when you are ready my window will be open tonight. I'll be stargazing, looking for the brightest one out there 💫"
Star smiled. She looked across the black void out at a blue and green planet, knowing that she had something there. She didn't know what it was but, it made her smile and that's all she ever needed to understand about it. It was real. It was true.
"Little Sister." Black fire said. Star turned.
"Are you done?" Star stared at her sister who was currently chained to two guards on both sides of her.
"Yea. Let's go." Star said as she turned and walked towards the door.
"And Just exactly where are we going." Black fire scoffed.
Starfire walked to a patrol ship parked outside the center. She opened the passenger side door and got in. One guard opened the back door and motioned black fire in while sitting next to her. The other guard got in the drivers side. He looked at Starfire, "to Neptune please" She asked nicely. "Of course Princess" He said as he started flying off.
The ride was quiet. Black fire stared at her sister from the back seat. This was one of the very few times Starfire has ever not talked. Her time in the correctional facility had given her time to think. Even though she was still a villain at heart she was very intrigued on seeing what Starfire could potentially become. Someone she could come to love, someone that could fit her sense of style. No more pink. No more sparkles. No more childs play.
Black fire smirked.
Starfire looked out the window. Neptune had some of the most interesting shopping centers in the entire galaxy, and she needed someone that was the exact opposite of her to try something new. She needed black fire. No matter what she told herself. She loved her sister but hated what she had become.
As the ship approached the blue planet she kept thinking to her self
"Just a few stores. I just need her for a few hours. & then I'll leave"
The ship parked. As they all stepped out Blackfire smirked and Starfire sighed. The real adventure began.
Back on earth other journeys were taking place.
After settling on two meaty pizzas, one veggie pizza, and one extra cheese pizza the team had decided it was time to head back home. The ride was quiet but Robin's mind was loud, buzzing with thoughts. Why she would want to take her sister out was the biggest thing on his mind. He knew how different they were, how evil Blackfire was, how easily she manipulates Star... his mind went back to the first time he met her. How she tried to take Robins attention from Starfire. He didn't see it at the time but Blackfire knew that Star liked him and she was set on taking that from her. Now Blackfire was taking Star from him. He walked through the tower doors straight up to his room and looked out his window up at the night sky before grabbing his pajamas and taking a quick shower.
——- Starfire and black fire walked back to the ship after a long shopping spree with several bags and the guards close on each side of Blackfire.
"Lighten up. You still have time to go see your little boyfriend" Black fire said as she smirked. Starfire stopped. "How did you know.." Blackfire cut her off. "It was obvious everyone and their mom knew you two had a thing for each other. It was only a matter of time, and by the looks of it I assume I'm right."
Starfire resumed walking. "What do you care"
She stated.
" I don't. I just like pushing you." Blackfire chuckled.
Starfire turned to the guards "take her back to the ship and the center" she said abruptly. "I've had enough of her today."
Blackfire smiled. " see you later sister dear. I promise you'll love the new you." She said sarcastically.
Starfire groaned and flew up out of Neptunes atmosphere straight back to the tower and the boy that awaited her at home. When she arrived at the tower she went straight for a single window with the curtains open and the light on. She peeked inside. She came face to face with the back of a shirtless Robin fresh out of the shower. His normally spiked black hair was wet and straightened down. His mask was off on the table next to him. His pajama pants were hugging his hips just right so she could outline every muscle on his back, every line and where it went, the indent of his hips to his skin. She knocked on the window. He turned around and looked at her and smiled. He quickly locked his bedroom door before walking over to the window and opening it.
"You could've came in, it was open." He said sweetly.
"I wanted to be polite" She replied as she flew in. He smiled and laughed.
She put her backs down in front of his closet door and kept her back to him while he shut and locked the window. He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back closer to his torso. He buried his head in her hair and kissed her on the neck once before pulling away.
"Star. What's wrong." He said softly.
"I don't like who I am anymore. I don't want to be the naive and gullible person on the team. I let myself fall into traps and people always fool me." Star said as her voice started cracking.
"I know you took your sister out today." Robin said as he gently grabbed her wrist and guided her to the bed. He sat her down on the edge.
" I needed someone that wasn't like me in anyway. Someone who had no care of who I am now." She said. "I needed Blackfire to help me pick out things that I would never understand to get for myself." She motioned to the bags.
Robins eyes focused in on her, bright blue diamonds staring into an emerald green Forrest.
"Star you don't need her. You need to distance away from her." He said kindly. "She is your family by blood but she's not good for you to be around." She looked away.
"Me, Raven, Beastboy, Cyborg. We are your family."
"I know" she said shyly. "I'm just tired of being the easy one. Easy to fool. Easy to trick."
He stroked her hair and she turned back towards him still looking down and buried her face in his arm. She closed her eyes and let a few tears slip down her face.
"I just don't understand myself anymore." She said through a broken voice.
"Robin, what happens if I never understand again."
Robin rested his hand on her shoulder.
"Star, there are a lot of things in this world that you won't understand. Things I don't even understand. But we learn them as we go. If you get lost you can always be found. I promise."
Starfire nuzzled into his arm. "Promise?"
She said quietly as she started to drift off.
"Yes, Promises." He said with a smile. "Star?" He looked down. She had slowly fallen off into a deep sleep, in the one place that made her feel safe and secure anymore. In Robin's arms. He smiled as he looked down at her and looked out across his window. The night sky glittering above, The waves crashing below, and the sweetest girl he had ever known asleep in his arms.