Chapter 21: MadHouse

Raven held her necklace tight, it was the only thing keeping her close to BeastBoy in this moment and that's what kept her pushing. She had dealt with these forms of torture with her father before, it wasn't new to her.
"AHHHHHHHH" an ear piercing scream rattled the walls.
"Starfire." Raven shot up. She began to search the doors nearby. "She's not here.." Raven turned around as another scream travel down a nearby staircase. She ran up the stairs until she was met with a dark narrow hallway. At the end of the hallway was a single door with a mysterious green glow radiating off of it.  Raven slowly walked to the door, trying not to make a noise. She put her hand on the door knob. This one was much different than her door. It was elegant, beautifully carved. Hers was more of a simple door knob that you turn to open. This one you had to push down on.
"Princess" Raven rolled her eyes. She pushed down and opened the door. She quietly crept into what looked like the tower. She hid behind a corner. She heard footsteps creeping up on her. She phased into the wall and transported up. She phased her head out of the ceiling. She watched as Robin came stomping around the corner. Starfire chasing after him.
"ROBIN YOU HAVE TO HELP ME PLEASE." Starfire begged. She grabbed onto his arm, he pulled away. He was obviously annoyed.
"You chose him. He's here to take what it is, he's here for you. Get out and leave me alone." Robin scoffed. Starfire began crying.
Robin turned around and slapped her across the face. She fell to the floor. "I don't really care if you cry. As far as I'm concerned you're just another Troq." He whipped around and disappeared into the darkness of the hall. Metal began coming out of the walls, encasing Starfire's body.  Her screams became muffled. Raven could sense Starfire was fading.
Raven came down and began trying to peel the metal away from her friend.
"It's no use Raven. She's ours now." A familiar voice boomed from the shadows.
"Steel..." she growled. "Let her go."
"I can't do that." He replied emerging from the shadows.
"Fine, than I'll make you."  Raven trapped him black energy.
He laughed with a wicked backing in his voice.
"She couldn't face her fears Raven. She is ours now." He melted out of energy grasp as his voice became more demonic. "You want your friend back." He threw his arm out. The metal dropped from around Starfire. "You can have her." He growled mischievously as he disappeared into the darkness once again. The walls began shaking and everything dissolved in front of them. She felt a burning sensation in her back and then her body hit a hard cold surface. She got up and turned around. She was back on a lower level of the hotel. The level was Smokey but she tried her best to find her way through. A figure appeared in front of her with glowing green eyes. "Starfire ?"she called out.
"Hello Raven." Starfire replied. Raven stepped back. It was Starfires  voice but it was deeper than normal. Almost as if something was trying to imitate her. Raven waved her hand down. A big wind came out of nowhere and whipped the smoke away from the teens. Raven looked up and was horrified by what she saw. Starfires eyes were glowing green in true Star fashion but the rest of her body was different. Her uniform was no longer purple and silver with green accents. It was black and copper. Similar to the design that was made for Terra by Slade months ago. Thigh High black boots, a copper belt against a black mini skirt, her halter top was black with copper armor against her neck, her wrist cuffs with now copper and her arm band was shiny black. A devilish smile spread across her face. "I hope you're not scared of the dark." Starfire said as the lights cut out on que. Raven looked back then ahead again but it was too late. A glowing green fist had already uppercutted her jaw bone. She felt a crack go down her body as she was slammed into the ceiling of the hotel. She tried to gather her strength but she was too slow. Starfire grabbed her by her cape, spun her around, and threw her body against a wall. It hit so hard it had created an opening to the outside. Raven glanced over and saw the light from the outside.
"Azarath Metrion Zinthos." Raven chanted under her breath. The pipes came out of the walls and weaved their way around Starfires figure. They pulled her back into the walls while raven crawled her way out of the building.
As soon as she got out she stood up very weakly. "That girl is stronger than she looks no doubt." A voice came from in front of her.
"I'm surprised you made it this far Raven. I was sure you would've given into your fears just as your friend did." The riddler said.
"Yesssssss awfully funny watching her scream and run around." The joker chimed in.
An explosion came from behind them. Starfire had gotten loose. She bolted outside just to let out a deafening screech. The sun was burning her alive.
"Stay inside dear" The riddler said. "True Darkness cannot handle the sunlight. It will kill it."
"Fry it like an egg!" The joker cackled.
Raven groaned.
"We will leave you out here. As soon as the sun goes down and the stars come out, your friend will deal with what ever is left of you." The joker hissed as the two disappeared back into the building. Raven looked back at the hotel. It was a beautiful Victorian Era style building. Obviously abandoned before being turned into a living hell. She felt around for her phone.
"Dammit" She said realizing it was at home on the charger. "They had to take us in the middle of the night didn't they." She said sarcastically She looked up at the sky. The sun was directly above them.  "Noon.I have atleast six hours." She looked out into the hills past the Hotel. There was no barbed wire fencing, no moats, nothing to keep her in or keep people out. She began walking towards a wooded area in the hills, before hearing a bang and turning around. A green starbolt was coming from a window on the top floor aimed at her. Raven desperately began pressing the button in her gem on her cloak trying to alert the others as she walked deeper into the hills. ———————— Several hours had passed and she had no idea where she was. The sun was beginning to meet the horizon. She tried the button again. It blinked on her end but that didn't necessarily mean that the others would get her emergency call. She would've tried it earlier but the riddler has the building tapped no doubt. This was her only chance. She looked up and through the trees began to see the first star of the night. Her heart began racing because of what she knew would soon follow. She pressed the button one more time before dropping her cloak on the ground. She picked it up and hung it on a near by tree branch to make it look like she had snagged it and lost it going in the opposite direction. She took her belt off and held it in her hand. She closed her eyes and held her hands out. She began humming. Her clothes began to burn a bright white and glow with intensity. They dimmed down and came back to her normal self. Her uniform had changed from her black leotard to a black and purple combat suit she had been working on by herself. She had kept it a mystery from the team in hopes she would never have to use it. It was designed after Robins cape material.
"High density Polymerized Titanium. Ten Times stronger than steel." Raven smirked as she clasped her hand in her gloves. The suit sti had some kinks to work out but for the most part it was perfect.  The suit was a leotard, following true Raven taste, with long sleeves and matching net gloves. The arm bands , chest plate, and wrist cuffs were made entirely of sleek black metal. The rest of the leotard was dark purple following the titanium used for Robin's cape. She grabbed her belt and hid it under a rock in the direction she was planning on going. She took off her necklace and placed it in the belt compartment. She held it in her hand and put a spell on it. When the time came, it would show the person what they needed to see. She breathed deeply. "I hope drone Starfire is too blind-sighted to see anything below her feet." Raven said looking back up at the cloak that hung on a tree ten feet away.  She held out her hand and waved her other above it. A black metal belt appeared in her hands. She clasped it on before levitating away farther into the woods. The sun had set and the stars were coming out. She glanced around for a place to hide for now. Under a tree laid a big den , a rabbit hole perhaps ? Whatever it was she climbed down into it. She opened the compartment on her belt and pulled out an ear piece with an eye glass attached. She pressed the ear piece in and the eye glass lit up green allowing her to see in the dark with no light. She walked down the tunnel of the rabbit hole just enough to stay out of sight. She heard birds rustling in the distance and what sounded like a jet plane take off in the distance.
"Probably Starfire" Raven thought to herself, she turned around and began walking farther down the tunnel. What Raven didn't know was that sound wasn't a jet plane taking off or even Starfire running out to get her. It was the sound of a black helicopter landing out of sight from the hotel and far enough away from Starfires sights.