Chapter 11: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

"Raven, Beastboy Come in." Robin said through the communicator. "I know you got the distress signal."

" On our way dude." Beastboy answered.
"What happened?"
"Just get here. NOW." Robin gritted his teeth and spoke through them.
"Sheesh, on our way." BeastBoy hung up in a hurry. He was getting tired of his leader acting like he can't disclose any information over the communicator. Besides, what could be so wrong this time? Last time they got a critical distress over a team mate it was set off by BeastBoy him self. He set it off when he couldn't find his toenail clippers. Okay maybe it wasn't such a big deal, but to him it was the end of the world.
"Calm down. I can feel your agitation bouncing off the walls." Raven said.
BeastBoy has suggested they go out to get coffee and a quick bite to eat. They had just gotten their food when the signal went off. As they walked out the door Raven created a portal that went straight into the towers safe room where she felt a very strange sorrowful and agitated presence. She could tell the sorrow was coming from Cyborg and the agitation was Robin, but there was something else. She felt a sharp tinge of pain in her chest as she walked through the dim lit hall with BeastBoy. She was soon met with the source of that pain.
"No..." she gasped. She flew as quickly as she could down the stairs to Robins side. He didn't see her coming at first and reached for his belt to grab a weapon to defend his best friend and love with.
"Robin." Raven said quietly.
Hearing this familiar voice he slowly retracted his hand from his belt and looked up.
Raven could feel every single ounce of pain and anger in his body enter hers. She could see past his mask and down into his soul. This hurt him, more than anything has. Well, most anything. He was having the same feelings he did when his parents died. It was the same experience for him, to see someone you love, helpless and hurt in front of you.
"Raven... can you help her?" Robin pleaded
She nodded. She reached over to start heeling her but Robin had his body over her shielding every part of her that was injured.
"Robin, Can you give me some space? Please I need it to work on her." Raven said
"You can do it with me here." Robin stood his ground.
Ravens eyes turned white, black energy encased Robin. Against his will he was soon sent up to the Observation Box where he was met with a depressed Cyborg and an overwhelmed BeastBoy.
He watched as Raven placed her hands over Star's neck, wrist, and thighs. She closed her eyes and began to levitate.
"Azarath Metrion Zinthos." Raven chanted. Her soul self flew out of her body and into Starfires.
She entered her friends mind.
As she looked around she saw memories of the titans floating around and replaying as if they were on giant Tv screens. Most were of her and the team on missions, watching movies, or doing anything in between. There were some of her home planet Tamaran. She saw Black fire betray her family and wreak havoc among them. She saw Starfire's whole life play out in front of her. She saw the world through someone else's eyes. She saw details that she had never noticed, she saw BeastBoy hand over the silver box in her room the same day he had raced her for the waffles. She saw the prom dance she had with Robin. Out of the corner of her eye she caught a memory floating around very violently. She felt the vibrations in Starfires mind shift from loving and kind to hectic and painful. Starfire was sitting at her vanity getting ready for date, she had a beautiful sparkly pink dress on.
There was a knock at the door.
"Come in." Starfire said
"Hey baby. Miss me." A familiar voice echoed the halls in the memory.
"Steel, you are early!" Starfire got up happily and walked toward the door.
She gasped. "You are not Steel!"
The man facing her looked like Steel. On the outside. The only difference was his eyes were deep black, there was no color at all. It was like he was possessed.
She turned the other way and tried to fly out the window. He grabbed her by her hips and dug his fingers in.
She yelped in pain.
He leaned in and whispered in her ear.
"Don't worry baby, I don't wanna hurt ya. Yet..." he hissed
He tightened his grip.
Raven saw Star's vision turn from clear to a tinted green. She whipped around and blasted Steel with a star bolt in the memory.
"Cute. My baby wants to play fight with me. Let's fight." Steel smirked. He held out his arm to the wall. Pieces of metal came out of the walls and started forming to his commands. He used his powers and cuffed Stars wrists. The cuffs dug into her flesh. She began shooting rays from her eyes around the room. They bounced off the mirror and caught her dress, knocked things off her vanity, completely trashing her room. Steel lunged for her and wrapped his hands around her neck. She tried to shoot starbolts at him from her eyes but he had moved her head up with his hands, she couldn't lock her target. Her vision began to get hazy, it was blurring and fading in and out. Raven watched as the memory ended with steel grabbing a bottle of chloroform and putting a rag to Star's face. "Twinkle twinkle little Star, how you must wonder where you're friends are. Long gone from the tower oh my, no ones coming to help you tonight. Twinkle twinkle little star, they will soon wonder where you are." Steels voice rang out through Starfire's mind. It was vicious and cold, no mercy , no remorse anywhere in his tone.
"Well. Robin will be relieved to know he didn't rape her, but it won't change the fact he wants to kill him." Raven said. She looked around one more time.
"Starfire. I'm here to help you. Trust me." Raven called out.
Out of the shadows of Star's mind Starfire approached. This was the mental version of Starfire, not the physical one.
"Raven, what happened. Why was I so stupid not to see it before. I was foolish to think anyone could like someone like me." Starfire was confused, even more so that she was in her own mind.
Raven put her hand on Starfires shoulder and smiled weakly.
———
Outside of the room
————-
"Do you think she's okay? She's been in there along time. What if she needs help?" BeastBoy said as he paced back and forth. He watched as Ravens body levitated above Starfire's. He was worried about both of his friends but, his attention was more so based on Raven. He had a strong feeling of worry. He couldn't figure out why he was feeling like he had to protect Raven.
Robin placed a hand on BeastBoys shoulder to stop him from walking a hole into the floor.
"If there's one of person in this world that can handle this, it's Raven BeastBoy." Robin said firmly.
BeastBoy nodded.
They watched as Raven's soul returned to her body.
Robin and BeastBoy ran down to her. BeastBoy helped her off the floor from falling down out of her levitation state.
"Are you okay Rae?" He asked worried.
"Mhmm." Raven nodded as she rubbed her head.
"What did you see?" Robin asked hastily.
Raven felt BeastBoys demeanor change. He went from worried about her to agitated at Robin for acting like he didn't care about Raven.
Spikey haired half pint can't even ask if Raven is okay?!
She heard BeastBoys thought. It made her blush a little inside to know he cared about her, even it was just a little. Even if he wouldn't admit it. She put her arm out in front of BeastBoy as a message of warning that it was okay and to calm down. He took it and she felt his energy relax.
"Do you really want to know Robin ?" She asked hastily.
"Of course I do." Robin replied.
"If you say so." Raven replied waving her hand in front of his eyes.
She watched as his fist clenched & jaw tightened. She was showing him Starfire's whole memory. At the end of the memory she saw his demeanor mellow out.
"Star.." he said quietly. He was experiencing the last portion where raven had talked to Star about how any guy would be lucky to have her.
"I don't want any guy, I just want Robin... I thought he would never love me because I am too weird so I tried to find someone else. Someone who knew nothing about me and who I knew nothing about. I thought I had found love, but I am back where I had started. Confused and I fear no will ever love me..." Starfire said to Raven before the memory ended.
* I just want Robin... ROBIN*
He froze when he heard her say this.
"Raven does she really?" He asked.
She nodded in confirmation.
While they had all been talking no one had noticed the Alien Princess eyes flutter open.