Chapter 3

I was sitting still for a moment looking at him, not knowing how to respond. Should I say him a yes? Would that mean that I was cheating on James?

Heck no, my mind exclaimed. You are just dancing with Liam and not making out. I convinced myself to just say a yes without making things a little more awkward.

He took out his hand and I slipped mine into his. I felt a shiver pass through my entire body on his touch.

On reaching the dance floor, he slipped his hand on my waist and my back was facing him. We slowly moved our body on the rhythm of the music and I felt myself losing on him.

It was the vodka, I assured myself. But deep down I knew that something big was about to happen in my life and maybe it would destroy me or make my life a fairytale.

Suddenly he turned me around to face him. I did so without a second thought by putting my hands round his neck while he was holding me through my waist.

He crept into my ear and whispered, "You are beautiful." I froze right there. I could feel my cheeks burning red.

I blushed hard although trying to look as normal as possible. I avoided eye contact and just said a thankyou.

He further added, "You know Mia, I never wanted to come to Manhattan. I left my family and my friends back there in Ohio just to be here for my studies. But now I feel it won't be that difficult. I am looking forward to meet you soon."

After hearing this I again fell short of words. Innumerous questions ran through my mind about what should I answer.

Should I say him a sorry that he had to leave his family for coming here or should I react to the latter part of the sentence.

I noticed that he left me on the dance floor. I quickly went to the ladies room and on reaching there I took out my phone to call Lily, my other girlfriend who was in Chicago for her mass media studies.

I missed her so much at that moment. I waited for her to pick up the phone but alas! There was no reply. I left a voicemail.

It read - Hey Lily, Mia here. I want to talk to you about something really really important. Do call me once you are free. Love you!

Once I reached the bar area I could see that Emily was by now a little tipsy. Well I was used to this as I previously mentioned that she was a party animal.

I went to her and motioned her with my hand to stop drinking more. She looked sad at this point and I knew the reason.

She was missing Oliver, the love of her life. Oliver and Emily were both madly in love with each other since middle school but then things changed.

Oliver had to move to India for a few years as he was a phsychology student and wanted to learn yoga techniques from the learned saints of the spiritual mountains of northern India.

I took her hand and pulled her into a bear hug immediately. She responded almost instantly and the next moment tears rolled down her eyes.

"Ssshhh", I whispered. "Everything is gonna be fine. I know you miss him but it's just a matter of a few months more. And then you will have him forever."

After a few seconds she pulled back and gave me a cheeky grin. I was happy to see her normal again.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Next update on Sunday! Do not forget to vote and also follow my account if you haven't yet for updates. I hope you'll like this chapter. Do let me know if you'll have any doubts regarding the chapters!!😻