Chapter 44

It's been two days since our marriage day. A marriage which didn't really happen.

And still no news of Liam. He hasn't called yet.

The police are busy looking out for him. I have left him over a 100 voicemails in these two days saying how he has hurt me doing all this and how I am still ready to forgive him if only he makes an appearance but he hasn't answered even one.

I am angry and worried, both at the same time. There hasn't been a minute when I haven't prayed to the almighty to keep him safe wherever he is but I am angry because Liam was never this careless.

And I didn't expect him to show me this trait of his which by the way he is really specializing in on the day when we were going to get married.

Liam's POV :

I came to India the night before our marriage as I had told Oliver about my problem and he suggested that maybe the sages might be able to help me. I have malignant brain tumor which is also known as brain cancer and it was too late to cure it medically because I had reached it's last level when I found it.

It was just six months back and I have been acting strangely with Mia since then. I can't destroy her life by marrying her when I know I won't be alive to take care of her.

I had done all the permutations and combinations as to what will be the results of telling her this. And I knew one thing for sure that even if I tell her about this she would still insist on getting married and I was just not ready for it.

Mia is talented, beautiful and she has an entire life in front of her. She has things in her mind that she has to accomplish and her husband with a brain cancer would just be a hindrance to all her attempts to good things in life.

I have received more than 200 voicemails from my family, Mia and our friends. I don't even have the guts to hear them out.

I can't even think of how much I have hurt everyone especially her. She was all ready in that wedding dress and she was looking fabulous as always.

She never fails to make me drool. Lily sent me her picture saying "Here's your girl all waiting for you to take her away" and that is a constant guilt for me that I left the love of my life at the day of my marriage when she actually didn't deserve this.

I have come to India with a hope that maybe I can get this cured as Oliver has high hopes from his teachers and trying is better than dying so I thought to give this a try. I have plans to return back to her someday and apologize for being a dick.

I don't know what she is exactly feeling right now. Because leaving her without an explanation definitely leaves her with a lot of possibilities.

I hope she thinks I am dead rather than I cheated on her. Fuck the cancer.

The guilt of hurting her is strong enough to kill me. I hope she forgets me and continues to be as awesome as she is.

2 years later :

My heartbreak gave me pain but also something that I was looking from a very long time. A topic for my first book.

We never heard anything about Liam and honestly I hate him for running away like this. He could have told me when I asked him if he really wants us to get married.

But nevertheless life has changed since then. I haven't been in contact with his family in Ohio but Elena calls sometimes and to be honest talking to her just brings back memories of Liam which brings me nothing more than hurt.

Today is my book reading session. The time for which every author waits for. My mom and my friends were all present there along with some people I knew from college.

I named my book as "Not 'JUST' Friends!" Because this is exactly what we were.

Something more than friends but less than soulmates. The title always reminds me of how destiny can change your life at any given moment.

It reminds me of how close you can get to someone but destiny doesn't let you be theirs for life. I don't regret falling madly in love with Liam.

He was someone who taught me how to love selflessly and I still wish him the best in life but I definitely don't want him to be a part of my life now. I have closed his chapters in my life.

I might never stop loving him but I know he doesn't deserve this love after whatever happened. I read the story and there was not one single person who didn't cry and it definitely brought back nostalgia.

Those memories, those moments, those outings...Everything actually!

"Time flies and with time people heal. The wounds that they once thought were irrecoverable soon fades away. And now in its place are just some light scares which have their own story to tell. A story that you don't enjoy but also have no reason to regret as it taught you something which added a little more to the person you are today."

And my book ended here. I received a standing ovation and I couldn't be more happier.

I had an interview right after the session with some media companies in town. My mother accompanied me as this was my first interview and I was highly nervous but my mother on the other hand being one of the most famous entrepreneurs in town was habitual to all this.

Reporter 1 : So does this book dictate your own life?
Me : Ummm...
I was saved from not answering it when my mother interrupted in between by saying "No personal questions please."
Reporter 2 : So what message do you actually want to send your readers through your book?
Me : That not every story has a happy ending. And you don't always have that lucky destiny to be with someone whom you have loved more than yourself for your entire life. Harsh but definitely the truth.
Reporter 3 : Do you believe in true love?
Me : I definitely do. Love is the strongest and the most purest feeling in the world. What I don't actually believe in is reciprocation. This is difficult to find just like trust. Difficult to build on someone as well as to gain from someone.
Reporter 4 : Have you ever felt heartbreak in life? Because after asking the people who were present in your session they clearly highlighted the parts where you described hurt saying they literally could feel it.
Me : Who hasn't felt hurt? It's all about words and the way to express what hurt might feel like. And I think gaining a major in journalism just really helped me. Nothing else.
Reporter 5 : We heard that you got married privately three months back from a private source. Can you confirm the same?
Me : Umm...Yes. I am married. Actually happily married.

As soon as I confirmed being married I was shooted with a hell lot of questions. But all thanks to my mom she took my hand and brought me out of that hall to the place where all my friends were already waiting.

I was busy signing some books for the people waiting there for me when I heard a similar voice that shook my soul, "Can I get an autograph?" I was hoping it wasn't whom I was thinking of.

I looked up from where I was sitting and my heart stopped for a second. My mouth went dry and it seemed as if the world stopped.

It was actually him. It was Liam.

After two years. I was just staring at him with a dead expression.

Benjamin saw Liam and came around me pulling me in his arms and saying, "Hey wifey! All fine?" I just looked at him and passed him a smile nodding in return.

I took the book from Liam and signed it quickly. I hoped internally that he goes back right now and he actually did.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello lovelies! So here I present to you the second last chapter of my book. Thankyou for accompanying me in my journey. My next update will be on  Sunday. If you guys have any confessions regarding my book feel free to reach to me. If you like my book do vote for it and share the link with your friends and family. Till then happy reading! Bubye💞