Chapter 37

Liam's POV:

We left for Ohio just a day before Christmas. Manhattan was decorated with Christmas lights and I swear I couldn't love a city anymore than I already did.

Mia was all ready for meeting my family although she was sad to leave her mother alone and also nervous for what she told me for the flight travel.

Well, I believed her as she was afraid of heights. We bade farewell to all our friends who came to the airport to drop us.

It was approximately a 4 hour travel via flight to Ohio. Mia was too nervous before the plane took off.

I had to divert her mind. I was successful in my attempt by saying her stories of how my dad met my mom for the very first time.

It was a hell romantic moment just the same way it happens in books and movies. After we were in the air, she became normal.

We spent our time listening to songs. After that I dozed off while Mia was reading a book. Her love for books was equivalent to the love I had for her.

We were greeted at the airport by my sister Elena and her husband Jonathan. I was so happy to see them after such a long time.

We shared a real good bond. Jonathan met Elena back in high school and they ended up loving each other to a point where getting hitched was all they wanted. Now they even have a cute little daughter Caroline.

Mia's POV :

Liam's sister along with her husband were waiting for us as soon as we landed. She came running and hugged Liam tightly.

The entire time I had a smile plastered on my face. She then looked at me and said, "Hello gorgeous. It is finally nice to have a face to your name."

I just smiled not knowing what to say. Liam noticed me getting nervous again so he introduced us.

"Mia this is my sister Elena and her husband Jonathan." I raised my hand forward but Elena pulled me in a hug surprising me altogether.

She was sweet and friendly. The rest of the car ride was filled with talks regarding my life back in Manhattan and Elena and Liam's childhood musings.

The car came to a halt in front of a stone house. Elena held my hand taking me to the door while Jonathan helped Liam get our luggage from the car trunk.

I was nervous and all I longed was for Liam to be with me. He came quickly resting the luggage on the porch while he held my hand grabbing my attention.

"Don't worry. They will love you, okay?", he said while tightening his hold. I looked at him and nodded in response.

As soon as we rang the doorbell, the door was opened by a woman in her sixties. I assumed she was Liam's mom.

She looked at me before engulfing me in a hug. I looked at Liam and he raised an eyebrow giving me a "I told you" look.

"It's so nice to finally meet you sweetheart. You are just the way Liam described. And let me tell you he can't  stop praising you. It is the first time my son has brought someone to meet us and I can't be more happy", she said while pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"It is nice to meet you too Mrs. Campbell", I replied after looking at Liam once. She then turned to Liam and placed a kiss on his cheek while saying, "I missed you."

I could see tears welling up in her eyes when a small girl came running to Liam, "Uncle Liam is back."

Liam knelt down while hugging her. "Caroline I have got so many chocolates and toys for you", Liam said while kissing her on the forehead.

Her eyes sparkled. She then asked Liam, "Is she your wife?" Liam looked at me while my face was red with all the sudden blushing.

"Not yet but very soon, I hope", Liam said while winking at me. She came to me and signalled me to bend over.

"I already love you", she said while kissing my cheek and running back into the house. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to receive so much love from a family that barely knew me.

His mom told us to get fresh while she set the food on the dining table. Liam and I were in the same room.

As soon as he closed the door I went over to him and placed a kiss on his lips. He lengthened it by rolling his tongue into my mouth savoring every bit.

"So do you like them? I know my family is a bit dramatic but they love you Mia. They really do", he said while nibbling on my ear.

"Oh, I love them too. They are too welcoming. I can't wait to know them more." Once I got fresh I headed downstairs while Liam was taking a shower.

I took a second while I looked at the place I was in. It looked ancient but truly beautiful.

Pictures of his dad with Liam and Elena were hung on the wall. I was looking at the pictures when Mrs. Campbell came looking for me.

"Come sweetie, I'll show you around." She showed me the garden right behind the house which had swings .

"This is the place where Liam and Elena spent most of their days back when they were kids", she said while passing me a smile.

She then took me to the extreme corner which had a small swimming pool. Their house was in a secluded area and therefore it was quiet there.

"Your place is very beautiful", I complimented her. She then took me back to the dining room where Liam was already sitting.

As soon as he saw me he got up and reached for me while hugging me, "Couldn't you wait for me?"

Before I could even answer his mom replied, "Hey hey kiddo. Relax okay? You need to share her with us till you'll are here. And anyways you get her for the night", she said while winking at him.

I was embarrassed while Liam laughed looking at me and throwing his hands in defeat. After having dinner, we all decorated the Christmas tree together.

I missed my mom but it was good here. The love the Campbells gave me was something I didn't expect on the very first day.

Liam and Jonathan were decorating the house while the females decorated the tree. By the time it all got ready I was pretty tired.

Liam saw me yawning and so he interrupted in between the talks. "Baby, I think we should sleep. I am tired to do any more work", he said while passing me a small smile.

I knew he lied. His mom then looked at us and said, "You guys go and sleep. We just need to pack some more gifts and then we can call it a night."

Liam held my hand before taking me to the bedroom. I quickly changed into my nightsuit before jumping on the bed.

He came next to me and slipped the blanket on us as it was too cold. Having him near me made me warm.

This was what I wanted. The love of my life next to me completely and undeniably in love with me.

Life seemed perfect and I couldn't thank god enough for it. This was it. This was what people called a moment you live for.

I was living it. This was my time. He held me tightly in his arms while he kissed me on the head.

"You smell good", he said while snuggling in my neck. I smiled and hugged him tighter.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! So here is my update. I am really sorry for not updating on time from the last few weeks. My next update will be on Sunday but I can't promise you as I am real busy these days. Anyways do enjoy the update. Do not forget to vote for my story. Bubye♥