Chapter 22

That was the last day I saw James and Liam. In school, James changed his group so that he didn't need to face me anymore.

I felt sad and guilty because my actions made my group lose a friend. No doubt they always told me that it was okay and that it wasn't my fault but deep down inside I knew how bad the boys must have felt especially Noah and Benjamin.

They three were best friends. Now they hardly talk because of me.

My days moreover consisted of watching Netflix, reading books, completing school assignments and sleepovers at my place.

At times I used to miss James but then I knew I was the one at fault and I deserved this abandoning from his side.

It was Thursday tomorrow i.e., Thanksgiving. All my friends gathered at my place for dinner.

My mother made the most tastiest turkey in dinner along with gravy, stuffing, potatoes, veggies and pie.

I loved Thanksgiving because it was this time of the year when all the people I love come together to celebrate. We talk and laugh and create memories of a lifetime.

My mum hardly gets time from work. So Thanksgiving is special for me because we get some time together.

I miss my dad so much during festivals. I so wish to talk to him at times.

I came out of all this nostalgia when Isabella and Lily shook me by my shoulder. They were talking about who makes better cupcakes.

I nodded and gave them a sarcastic look disapproving both and then adding, "My kitchen has done nothing wrong to deserve this. You both are hell of a cook."

Noah laughed hard grabbing Isabella from her waist and swinging her round. I was so happy to see them laughing.

Everything was going perfectly fine. Everyone was happy but there was a hollowness within me. A hollowness hard to explain but even harder to fill.

Suddenly Benjamin came to me and said, "Mia, do you mind going for a stroll? I had enough calories today, a walk would do a little good."

I smiled and answered in the positive. I removed my apron which I had worn while making cupcakes and after checking on them one last time I left with Benjamin.

We were walking towards a park, when Benjamin asked, "Are you sure that whatever you concluded about Liam was right?"

I looked at him with eyes wide open. After such a long time I was talking to someone about Liam.

I adjusted my coat while answering, "What is there to be sure of? The situation said it all, my state portrayed what Liam couldn't accept."

Benjamin suddenly stopped and this made me stop too. He was now facing me. I knew he was hiding something and this made me a little nervous.

I further added, "Benji, I know that you are hiding something. Your face says it all. You better not hide this. I am seriously done with all the drama that happened this week. So please be clear and precise."

He hesitated for a second but later explained me how he met Liam yesterday to ask him what exactly happened that night.

He told me how Liam maintained distance between us even when I signalled him for staying with me the entire night.

I couldn't believe what I heard. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. Guilt was plastered all over my face.

I judged him. I judged him for something that he didn't even do. And he, he listened to all my bullshit without saying a word.

I hated myself for this. My anger killed our friendship. I regretted not listening to him that morning.

He wanted to tell me something but my accusations made him stay back. I was crying, unable to understand what should I do then.

Benjamin pulled me in a hug while saying, "I knew from the very start that Liam couldn't do this. We know him from such a long time and that's the reason I met him yesterday. Crying makes no sense Mia. Go to him and apologize. You definitely did a big mistake but it isn't something that cannot be rectified."

After that talk Benjamin left, leaving me on the road thinking about what was next to come.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys! Were you'll expecting this or did you guys think that a new character might enter the story who may be Mia's love? Tell me in the comments section what were your thoughts after reading the previous chapter. My next update will be on Sunday. Do vote for my story. I love each and everyone of you who is supporting me. Thankyou so much for all the love💓 Bubye guys!