Chapter 41

We were all busy with Liam's mother's marriage. It was almost time for the vows.

Everyone stood up when the choir sang in unison. Liam held his mother's hand while they walked the aisle together.

Mrs. Campbell looked beautiful in that rose pink gown that I picked for her. Although she looked nervous, that smile didn't leave her face.

The smile that reached till her eyes. She asked me to be her bridesmaid and I readily accepted to be one.

We, the bridesmaids were dressed in yellow satin gowns. My eyes were now glued on Liam.

He winked at me as soon as he saw me looking at him. I giggled in response.

He then pulled my hand and made me stand by his side apart from all the bridesmaids. The couple exchanged their vows and then they kissed each other.

Liam looked at me and we both couldn't help but notice the ring on my finger. "I can't wait to marry you", he said slowly in my ear while the crowd cheered for the newly wedded couple.

"Three years more", I answered drawing a frown on my face. He kissed my cheek while holding my hand tightly, "I hope they pass quickly."

After a toast to the couple and the best man's speech, everyone stepped on the dance floor. The marriage was near a beach as per Mrs. Campbell's demand.

And the decorations were kept completely simple and floral based on her love for lilies. It was a small gathering with only a few close family members and friends.

Mrs. Campbell was not comfortable doing anything grand though all of us convinced her to go for a grand reception party. Liam came to me pulling out his hand, "Will you like to share a dance with me?"

I blushed at him and placed my hand in his. Soft music filled the background and all I could see was happy faces around.

But to be honest, I wasn't that happy. Lily was returning to Chicago after the marriage and it made my heart heavy to let her go.

After the dance we all went to pay our farewell to her. Liam although made her promise to pay us a visit atleast twice in a year which she grumpily agreed to.

Six months later:

It was graduation today. I couldn't be any more nervous and happy at the same time.

Mom and Liam were sitting with all the others while all my friends and me were dressed in academical dresses. I couldn't believe we finally passed high school.

Isabella was chosen to give the valedictorian speech for securing the highest marks in high school. We couldn't be any more proud of her.

I loved her speech. It brought tears to my eyes.

Lastly we tossed our caps up in the air. Emily was leaving for Australia the same day and so we didn't have time for any after graduation celebrations.

Although after the graduation, we all met at my place along with Liam. Liam was already done with his graduation a week ago wherein all of us had gone to cheer him up.

I had even planned an after party to congratulate him for his success. Benjamin had prepared a slide show of all our memories during high school.

We shared a group hug after that. Everyone was sad that this would come to an end now.

No doubt, friendships never die but we wouldn't be meeting and this was enough to kill us from the inside. We all promised to stay in touch and after some chatty sessions and dinner everyone left.