Chapter 40

Liam's POV:

The next day I woke up when I felt cold water droplets on my face. When I opened my eyes Mia was struddling on my waist fidgeting with her hair right over my face.

She just had a shower and was wearing my white shirt with shorts beneath. She kissed me hungrily while she opened the buttons on my shirt.

I joined her just to stop her in the middle. "I haven't brushed", I said but she just blushed and replied me while kissing me more intensely, "Doesn't matter."

Just then I realised I had so much to plan for the big day that I pushed her away from me. She gave me a surprising look, "What?"

I grabbed my towel and ran into the bathroom saying, "Gotta get ready. Meeting some old friends today." After getting ready, I noticed Mia wasn't in the room.

As I made my way through the stairs, I saw her in Elena's room playing with Caroline. She was teaching her to make clay dolls.

Her face was beautifully disturbed by those long brown curls. I so badly wanted to help her with them but I knew that I wouldn't be able to leave her then.

So I distracted myself by joining my family on the dining table. It was like as if my excitement took over my hunger.

I just wanted to get out of there and get everything right for the big day. I know I sound crazy but I wanted this to go just perfect.

Just the thought of her rejecting my proposal gets tears in my eyes. After eating some fruits I kissed my mom goodbye and took my car keys before leaving the place.

After getting seated in the driver's seat, I took my phone and messaged Mia that I will be home by evening. I went to a nearby cafe and grabbed a drink before getting back to work.

The first thing I needed to think on was how was I going to propose her. I didn't want to do something typical but definitely something that gets her in awe and something that she won't ever forget.

31st December!

Liam's POV :

Everything was set. This was the big day.

I had never been this nervous. It was 10 at night.

Just two hours more for a new year to begin. A year that will either be the most beautiful or a nightmare for me.

I had gifted Mia a black skin fit dress while I was dressed in a black blazer. I was taking her on a cruise where in I had invited all my close family members and friends.

Mia's parents and friends would also be there. I waited for her in the hall while I absentmindedly roamed there.

I didn't know what I would say to her. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard her black heels stepping down the stairs.

I turned around nervously and there she was. I swear I fell in love with her all over again.

The dress hugged her properly in all the right places. She had her hair pulled down and they teased her face while she attempted to settle them down.

I smiled. Is this even real? 

She is the one? Well not yet.

Although for me she is. This thought again brought back butterflies in my stomach as I thought of the big task I had to do in less than two hours.

She looked at me and smiled and my heart stopped for a second. I went near her and placed my lips on hers.

I stared at her for a second while she looked at me. "You look delicious", she said while she winked at me.