Chapter 33

"Baby, what will you like to have for dinner?", asked Liam as soon as we were seated back in the car after the ride.

"Chinese?", I answered sort of questioned him again.

"Fine with me", he said while signalling the driver to take us to a nice chinese joint nearby.

It took us just 15 more minutes to reach a chinese joint. Liam asked me to stay in the car as he jogged towards the restaurant.

After 5 minutes he walked back out and sat next to me in the car. I asked him curiously, "Why aren't we going inside?"

He took a minute to answer me back. "It's because I want to take you somewhere where we can have dinner. I have ordered for a takeover", he said while tapping on my nose.

I don't know what was so funny in that but he did it a hell lot of times. Suddenly there was a knock on the car window.

Liam opened the window and it was someone from the restaurant. He was standing with our parcel. Liam took the parcel while handing him some tip.

I could now smell noodles, chicken soup and sushi and this made my mouth water. Liam noticed this.

He smiled at me while adjusting the bag on his lap, "Please wait for some more time. I am sure you will love that place." I looked at him with a sense of understanding although I just wanted to tear the bag and eat the food.

He then whispered something into the chauffeur's ear. After waiting for another half an hour the car halted to a place nowhere near the city.

Liam asked me to grab the bag containing food while he grabbed a mat and a bottle of champagne with two glasses from the car's trunk. To be honest, I didn't even know that he was carrying all these things in the car since morning.

He then held my hand while making his way into what seemed like a forest. It was already pitch black and the hooting of owls made it a lot more haunting.

I held onto his hand tightly in an attempt to not get lost. Suddenly the place was getting cleared from the constant track of trees and we were now walking on a narrow path.

I noticed that we were actually on a mountain but in the middle of it. I was feared to death and I wanted to kill Liam for this.

But this feeling didn't last long when I saw the huge hollywood font generator. It glowed in bright white lights.

I could see the entire city from here. It was so beautiful there that I couldn't stop gazing at the sight I saw.

The sky was clear with the moon shining bright and it was covered with stars. The cold wind was blowing roughly and it made me shiver a little.

But luckily I had brought my overcoat. I thanked myself internally for taking a sane decision.

"So do you like it?", he asked while putting his hand on my waist. I did the same while getting closer to him, "I am in love with this. I have never seen such a peaceful and calm place in Manhattan."

I took a minute to admire the place before asking him, "But how did you find this place? Have you been here before?" He laughed at me before kissing me on my cheek and replying, "No dumbo. I did a little internet study yesterday for our dayout today. I loved this place on the net and trust me it is more beautiful in reality. I there and then decided that we are coming here for sure."

He then laid the mat on the ground while pouring champagne in the glass. I helped him by opening the takeover.

We sat there while having dinner and talking casually. "Mmmmhhh, this is another level of happiness", I said while taking a sip of the chicken soup.

He laughed at me while picking on a noodle from the side of my lips. I attempted to look at my lips while licking the corner and this just made him laugh more.

"You are funny and cute at the same time", he said while eating a sushi. After having a hearty dinner with the stunning view, we laid on the mat watching the sky above us.

"So are you going back to Ohio after graduation?", I asked, curious to know the answer. He looked at me before averting his eyes back to the sky and replied, "Well that was the plan previously. To come to Manhattan for graduation and then return back to Ohio. But things are different now. I can't be in Ohio away from you."

I smiled, completely satisfied with his reply before holding his hand. "We will figure out what to do next. You have a life back in Ohio and I don't want you to hold back because of me."

He kissed my hands while I adjusted my head on his chest now listening to the slow rhythmic beat of his heart. Suddenly we saw a shooting star in the sky.

"Ask for a wish", he said while gazing at me as if I was his entire world. "I don't need anything else now. I have you and there is nothing more I need. I just wish that all your wishes come true", I said while feeling his lips against my finger tips.

"Well, I wished that you and me, we stay like this always. Happy with each other, in each other's arms and you wished for my dreams to come true. So basically we both wished for the same thing." We laid there for some time silently, just contemplating the sky and enjoying each other's company.

It was getting late and we had to return to our penthouse. So we gathered all our belongings before making our way out from the forest.

The car was exactly where we left it. I was tired after such a long and adventurous day.

I rested my head on his shoulder while holding his hand, "Thankyou for today. I have never been so happy before. You made it truly memorable and I am happy to carry a truckload of memories back home." He kissed me on the forehead before replying, "You deserve it all. And this is just the start. I want to make you the happiest woman on this earth."

We were both now looking at each other and we just couldn't stop the tendency to kiss. And the very next second, we crashed onto each other's lips hungry for the taste of each other, for the soft touch of the lips.

When we parted from the kiss, we were both smiling. I was relieved to see my penthouse after what seemed an hour's ride.

I was at this point holding my boots in my hand walking barefoot on the sand. As soon as we walked into the house, Liam's phone rang.

He told me to go upstairs and get changed while he would be back in some time. I walked upstairs and got dressed in a plain white t-shirt with marine blue shorts.

I was too tired to take a shower so indeed I just washed my face while adjusting my hair in a bun. I was feeling much better then.

I snuggled up in my bed while I checked my phone. From my peripheral vision, I could see Liam entering the room and he looked a little tensed.

I now folded my legs making some place for him to sit. He took my hands in his while he looked at me with sadness in his eyes, "Baby, we need to leave for Manhattan tomorrow. The call I got right now was from my mate and he informed me that the Dean expects me to sing in the concert that they are arranging on the account of a late Halloween day's celebration. I am sorry."

I smiled at him while replying, "It's okay. This isn't the end of us being together. A lot of fun awaits us in Manhattan. We need to tell all our friends, then I will be coming for your concert, then there's prom and a lot more. So chill and give me a goodnight hug now." He hugged me so tightly that for a moment I thought I couldn't breathe.

He then changed his clothes and jumped on the bed next to me startling me while I was half asleep. He was adjusting the strands of hair behind my ear and after giving me a goodnight kiss he himself drifted into deep slumber.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Firstly I am so sorry for updating this late today. I was busy with some other things and this caused the delay. Anyways, the New Jersey fun ends with this chapter. I had such a great time writing about their stay in New Jersey. But don't be disheartened as alot of interesting updates are on their way. Do not forget to vote for my story and do share it with your family and friends. I love you all for being so patient and supportive. My next update will be on Friday. Till then have a nice week💞