Chapter 20

Suddenly I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. I snapped my eyes open and I didn't realize I had fallen asleep.

Liam asked me if we could go back downstairs as the cold was getting intense every minute.

I readily agreed as my hands were getting cold. Stupid me, I forgot my gloves downstairs.

Once we reached downstairs, we decided to gulp some alcohol to ease ourselves with the terrible cold that surrounded us moments ago.

I was sitting on the kitchen platform while Liam lingered near me. One, two, three...I didn't realize that I was drinking too much of it until my head begin to spin.

Liam immediately came to support me when he noticed that I was just about to fall from the platform.

He quickly took me in his arms and proceeded towards my bedroom. This is the last thing I can remember from that night.

Liam's POV :

Mia was unapologetically drunk. She looked so cute while she was explaining me how she was sober and could walk in a straight line.

I was falling for her harder every minute. I was devastated by love and trust me, I had no intentions of retaliating back.

This girl in front of me was my life and I wanted her to be mine forever.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts when she was suddenly stumbling with her posture.

I knew she wouldn't make it to the bedroom herself and so I picked her in my arms and carried her there.

She was fast asleep till then I guessed. But as soon as I laid her on the bed and was about to leave the bedroom she stopped me by holding my hand.

I turned to look at her and I wished time could stop then. I wish it was just like this forever.

Me with her, together and happy. I sat down on the space next to her and adjusted the few strands of hair that made her look more beautiful.

She then said, "Liam, I love being with you. You make me happy and comfortable in a way no one else ever could. I have been with James for 2 years. We have known each other in and out but trust me I never felt this way for him."

I could see tears form in her eyes by then. This made me realise how soft she was from the inside.

Somewhere she knew even when she was drunk that she shouldn't be feeling this for me because that would mean that she didn't love James and that hurted her.

My fingers reached her face to wipe the tears. But this time she pulled my hand and made me come closer.

She then slowly said, "Please stay with me tonight. I like it this way. You and me, US."

I was dumbstruck after hearing that. I know that she would regret this in the morning but I knew that I couldn't leave her like this.

I decided to stay but keeping safe distance between us. I wanted to make love with her while she was in her senses and not when she was drunk.

I kissed her on the forehead and replied, "Mia, I am here. Please relax and go to sleep. I won't ever leave you, trust me! I have been feeling the same way for you lately and the best thing to do right now is wait for you to get sober and then think about this."

She just laughed and replied, "I am sober. Look at you, you are the drunkard and you blame me for being one." I raised my hands above my head not wanting to argue with a drunk Mia.

I slept next to her. The next day when I woke up the scene in front of my eyes hit me hard. Mia will be destroyed to see that, was all I thought.

And guess what, James was standing in front of us. He was staring at me and then at Mia who was sleeping right next to me, her head lying on my chest and hands holding me closer to her.

I quickly got up startling Mia from her sleep. She got up while rubbing her eyes until she saw James and couldn't believe that it was really him.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I am really sorry. I know I had to update on Friday but I am actually running busy these days. Anyways, can you imagine this? James seeing Mia and Liam together that too in the worst position a boyfriend could ever see his girl in - sleeping with some other boy. How do you think will James react now? Comment and let me know what are your guesses. My next update will be on Sunday but it might get postponed again as I told you I am currently busy. Please vote for this update. Lots of love to all❤Happy weekend😇