Chapter 38

The next day when I woke up, it was already shining brightly outside. Opening half my eyes, I noticed that Liam was no longer sleeping next to me.

I got up from my bed and pulled my hair neatly into a pony tail. I then brushed my teeth before rushing downstairs.

It was Christmas today. Even this mere thought made me happy.

As soon as I reached the dining table, Liam's mom hugged me while greeting me with a Good morning. I hugged her back while replying, "Merry Christmas Mrs. Campbell."

She looked at me and said, "Its mom for you now." I felt so happy that I ended up hugging her again.

Then I wished everyone else on the table before taking a seat next to Liam. He kissed me on the cheek before asking me, "Had a good sleep?"

I placed a hand behind my neck which was actually paining and replied, "I guess I overslept." He laughed while placing some pancakes on my plate.

"So when are we opening the gifts?", I said while taking a mouthful of my pancakes. Jonathan was the first one to answer me, "We do it after dinner."

I nodded in acknowledgement. After we all had breakfast, everyone went to get ready while Liam took Caroline along with him to a nearby mall where he had to pick some things that his mom had mentioned earlier at the dining table.

I quickly got ready and was strolling in the garden when Elena came to me with photo albums in her hand. "Wanna see the baby Liam?", she said while handing me some of them.

I excitedly replied, "Oh yes! This sounds interesting." We went inside and sat on the sofa while his mom joined us.

"So this was Liam's first birthday. Look at that cute, innocent face he had", Elena said while nostalgia hit her. "Baby Liam was cute but young Liam is undoubtedly hot", I said pouting.

She looked at me with a mischevious look while replying, "You know this better than anyone." We all bursted into laughter when Liam came with Caroline in her arms holding a lollipop.

"You all look to be enjoying something", he said before his eyes landed on the albums. "I will kill you Elena. Why do you want to embarrass me in front of my girlfriend? Please spare me", he said while he rushed forward to grab the albums from my hand.

But I was too quick to hold them tightly. "Hey. Don't be a spoilsport. Come and sit here", I said while tapping at the place next to me.

We all laughed as we saw pictures of Liam dressed up in Elena's dress for a fancy dress competition, pictures of Elena and Liam in their garden playing. The rest of the day passed quickly as all of us got busy with the dinner preparations while Liam and Jonathan were playing video games in the room.

Boys will be boys. It was 6:00 in the evening.

"Dinner's ready. So we better hurry and get ready", mom said while looking at me specifically before continuing, "I want you to meet someone today." I smiled at her knowing exactly who that someone was.

I hurried upstairs before peeping into Jonathan and Elena's room where I was expecting Liam to be. "Hey! Mom wants us all to get ready. So please get changed fast."

Liam took this as an invitation to change with me and got up even without completing the game. Jonathan pulled him by his collar. "Hey dude. Don't even try to go okay? You need to complete this game. Mia, will you be okay with changing yourself?", Jonathan said while looking at the both of us while a smile was plastered on his face.

A smirk actually. I just blushed and ran up to my room.

I was actually doing my makeup when I heard a knock on the door. "Come inside."