Chapter 45

Liam's POV:

I returned to Manhattan from India after getting myself fully recovered. I thanked Oliver for what seemed like a hundred times for trusting that I could get well.

I couldn't be more excited to meet Mia. The thought of seeing her after two years brought butterflies in my stomach.

I don't know how will she react after seeing me for like two long years, non spoken years actually. Years where my family and her were actually clueless of where I am.

Maybe they might have thought that I am dead by now. I thought of going Ohio first but I don't want to deal with my family before meeting Mia.

It's Mia whom I desperately want to see. In the past two years my fingers have dialed her number a hundred times in a desperate attempt to hear her voice.

And to be honest, I even called her a few times from private numbers just to hear her sweet hello first and then a disgusted wrong number later. Just hearing her voice made me feel what I have lost and how big of a crook I have been in her life by leaving her at the aisle.

The memories are still fresh of us being in a lovey-dovey relationship, my proposal to her and Mia being the most important part of my life. She was the reason I went to India to get cured but I was hopeless about getting well from the very start otherwise I would have surely asked her to wait for me.

As soon as I reached Manhattan I read a big poster of Mia's first book's book reading session happening on the same day itself. I was more than happy to see that she did it.

She was looking for a good storyline from such a long time and she finally got one. I read the title "Not 'JUST' Friends!" and it somehow made me feel that it was about us.

And then suddenly one of Mia's talks struck my mind :

Flashback:

"Hey baby, what if I write a story on my own life?", she said while she checked the books on my bookshelf. I laughed out aloud.

"I don't know. Does it sound that interesting?", I asked while I went to her side grabbing her by her waist. She turned around to look at me and put her arms around my neck playing with my hair, "Yes. It includes sufficient amount of drama and love and...Well nothing that road turning but!"

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard the taxi's honking in front of me. I did not even realize when I started walking on the road.

Maybe me leaving her on the aisle gave a road turning event to her story and maybe it is about us. I was now curious to read that book.

I reached for a pamphlet regarding her event standing on one of the paper stands and hired a taxi when I realized it is far from the place I was. As soon as I realised I was already there, my heart was pounding.

With fear, with excitement, I don't know what exactly it was. I have definitely changed because of the recent yoga and exercises I was involved in.

I look more fit and smart I guess. I went inside the building with my duffle bag as I hadn't rented a hotel room yet.

My luggage was at the airport waiting room and I was here to meet the love of my life. Well I don't even deserve to call her this.

Because you obviously don't do what I did to the love of your life. My heart was literally in my hands when I saw her smiling and signing books for readers or her fans I should say.

She hasn't changed a bit. She is the same beautiful, fragile, pure however she seems much stronger now.

She looked adorable in the white blazer she was wearing. "Finally an author", I mumbled while a smile was plastered on my face.