xv.

She could see the comet in the sky, the tail long and bright scorching the blue in a vivid shade of crimson

She could see the comet in the sky, the tail long and bright scorching the blue in a vivid shade of crimson. She had never seen a thing like it, only takes of fallen stars that marked omens long forgotten. Was it to mark the birth of her dragons? To call to the world that she was reborn and House Targaryen would rule once more? Rhaenar could only hope, that she could perceive the fallen star as a sin of hope, of complete faith in herself.

"Shierah Qiya." The Dothraki told her, some speaking fearful of the streak, and others with a sense of joy. The old men had thought it an ill men, they warned her husband of the journey but he held his head high and dared them to speak of it again, a promise of no longer having their tongues being the consequences. It had been seen the night of the funeral pyre, of the awakening of her dragons, and the rebirth of her family. It was leading the Khalasar, constantly going further to their destination.

"Just beyond that rock, where the comet lays is Qarth." Jorah mentioned, his hand pointing out, guiding their eyes. Rhaenar looked, her indigo eyes taking in the red rock that sat still against the backdrop, looming a dark shadow where the camp was beginning to set up. It didn't seem far, an hour's ride at best. "The Khalasar will remain at camp until word is given otherwise."

She nodded. "And Drogo is still fully behind this? I saw the look on his face before today's ride." Jorah had become a trust member to Khal Drogo, almost on the same level she was.

Jorah nodded, reassuring his Khaleesi. "He's sure, his Kos not so much." Rhaenar huffed, shaking her head. The Kos, the men intended to follow what their Khal says for the benefit of the Khalasar; she thought some of them were getting too brave against Khal Drogo.

"They never have been understanding; I thought after the meetings we held, the power that we would give them, and the plans for something better would be enough to bring them around." Rhaenar eased, brushing back a strand of white. "I hope that they'll see Qarth as a success; I know that's it has come as a great sacrifice for them to do this."

Jorah sat still for a moment, his eyes sweeping the camp. "The Dothraki are a strange people, the fellow strength above all, believe in what they're horses think fit, and only value their Khaleesi once their Khal has passed." The Crones, the Khaleesis of dead Khals. They had made their claims, believed that her child would one day mount the world in a united Khalasar, but where was he now? He wasn't living, he wasn't breathing, he was dead; and they were wrong.