xxii.

I am so not happy with this haha 

Rhaenar had raced back to the manse her lungs heaving as her heart beat in her chest

Rhaenar had raced back to the manse her lungs heaving as her heart beat in her chest. The air was still, silent as she had stepped through the gates and into the courtyard. Her back straightened, eyes wide as she surveyed the garden. It was empty, free from noise, from people, even animals. It was odd, normally there was something happening at the Palace, even if it was on the other quarter. Uneasiness struck her as she moved up the stairs, towards their room. Rhaenar could feel the sickness settle in her throat, a deep breath drawn in as she sent a silent prayer up.

Her hand felt the stone as she turned into the room, her indigo eyes sweeping the room for some form of displacement. There was nothing there, just left with their stuff all stacked in crates and the messed bed sheets from this morning. She eased off, the maegi had played them - made her think her husband was dead.

What sort of sick joke was that? Why would they do that to her? Relief flooded her body as she found Qotho's hand, clasping it in hers. He felt like a strength she needed, her legs wobbling.

Rhaenar glanced around once more, Qotho stepping beside her. "The Khal should be almost at the Khalasar Khaleesi, we should wait." She nodded, letting him lead her to a chair as Jorah and Dany watched her.

"The maegi... " She trailed off, her eyes searching Qotho's.

He knelt in front of her, shaking his head. "Never trust what the maegi show you, Khaleesi. They're full of dark magick and tricks designed to hurt you." She nodded, pushing back a lock of silver.

Jorah stepped forward. "Xaro. That's who we need to deal with, he's the only thing posing as a threat."

"We wait for Drogo, then we attack. We can't move without the support of the Dothraki on a City this size." Qotho stepped up, looking to Jorah. Rhaenar glanced between the two of them, shaking her head. "Drogo won't be long now."

Jorah looked to Rhaenar, sincerity lacing his tone. "If we just wait around, Khaleesi; we'll be like sitting ducks. We should at least move to the city gates, wait it out for just a moment."

"We have enough men Khaleesi to wait it out here, Xaro isn't foolish enough to think of attacking you in public when you have their favour." Rhaenar wanted to pause, to tell them both to stop overloading her. She didn't know what to do, what to think.