c.

I prolonged so it would be fitting with it being chapter 100, I'm sorry! Also, this will probably make you feel some emotions - anger, sadness, irritation. 

Everything had changed, every fibre of her being had changed

Everything had changed, every fibre of her being had changed. She wasn't who she was, or who she thought she was; the very fabric of her was different. Rhaenar's fist clenched tight, vomit threatening to rise to her throat as she clutched onto the cold of the stone. Her eyes flitted across.

'Visenya,

It is with this letter, I put forth good intentions, and hope to leave the indiscretions of myself behind. If I had trusted my gut with what I thought of Rhaegar, perhaps the tables would be turned, and they would still be alive. My sister, Lyanna, was taken, Robert claimed kidnapped, but a part of me thought different. It wasn't until Rhaegar's death on the Trident that I found the location of my sister - and this would be the first of many revelations.

When I arrived at the Tower of Joy, I was surprised to have found not one Kingsguard but three guarding my sister inside. When I finally managed to cut through, most of my men were butchered, but not even their blood could have tainted that of my Lyanna.

She was weak, and dying. People were working around her of course but, as soon as I burst in, I could tell it was only to make her comfortable. The room smelt of blood, and roses, but ultimately there was a linger of death. I held her bloodied hand, and I promised her that I would care for her children, that I wouldn't let Robert touch them.

And for the most part, I hope to keep that promise.There were two of them nestled within the confines of that tower; a baby boy that looked so much like Lyanna, there was barely even a hint of Rhaegar within him; and a girl that had so much of Rhaegar in her, that I couldn't keep her concealed. Visenya, you are the girl I had to give up; the one I could not protect from Robert's wrath. 

When I look at you, you may be Rhaegar's daughter but deep down, my beautiful sister will remain inside. She blessed upon you her strength, your name chosen by her own hand, and her life given for yours. You were not a mistake to her, you were her reason to live in the months following Rhaegar's death when she was left alone. You were born to look like a Targaryen, but inside you will hold the morals of a Stark; even if you don't think so. You are a wolf in dragon scales; a winter rose in a field of fire. 

I did my best, sending you to Rhaella where she will raise you as one of her own, no doubt the love she holds extending to her youngest grandchild. I only hope that you may forgive me for the sacrifices I've made in getting you away from the clutches of Robert; as even old friends have certain boundaries that are untouchable. When the time comes, and the parentage I requested to be hidden is revealed to you, perhaps you may visit me, your old uncle, and I will show you what it is to be a Stark.