liii.

The little Part v. chapter will have a wee easter egg in :)

Rhaenar couldn't believe she had told the Iron Bank that they could fuck themselves; a blush running to her cheeks every time she even thought back to her meeting with Tycho over the past few moons

Rhaenar couldn't believe she had told the Iron Bank that they could fuck themselves; a blush running to her cheeks every time she even thought back to her meeting with Tycho over the past few moons. She was embarrassed that she'd behaved such a way, that she dared to tell them how she felt. She was confused, a mix of emotions flooding her every time she even dared to think about it. What if there were repercussions from it? That he decided to withdraw any help from Slaver's Bay; no, she couldn't think like that.

He hadn't given her any reason to think such a thing, except make empty threats on what could happen if they crossed the Narrow Sea. But, that was years from now, and she couldn't concern herself with possibilities when she had larger matters at hand. They were meeting the Stone family, and Rhaenar hadn't felt nerves like this since her wedding day.

She stopped for a moment, smoothing out the coat before she crossed her arms around her middle. Rhaenar was scared of what the answer would be, of who this jelmāzma really was. If it was a leading Slave Master family, it could mean a great and needless war on her hands if others attempted to follow in their footsteps. What was meant to be providing peace to the city, may just be the opposite, it could ensighten war. She was willing to risk it for the lives of the people, even if they were wearing invisible chains.

Rhaenar's eyes fell to her Unsullied, the laughter still on their faces as they jested with one another, she felt guilt; the pain running deep through her heart as she glanced to her own hands. What if they hadn't wanted to fight for her? What if they had changed their mind? She couldn't bear it, to think about losing them would to, in a way, lose herself. Red laughed deeply as Blue muttered to him, the two as thick as thieves as they sat upon a carved log.

"Your Grace." A deep voice greeted from behind her, Rhaenar turning to look at the intruder. Malthar stood patiently, dark eyes kind as he gazed down at her, his hands locked behind his back. "The Stone Family have come back from their mission."

She nodded, swallowing before painting a smile on her face. "Thank you, Malthar." Her tone cracked as she approached him. Malthar bowed his head politely, offering his arm, which she gladly took.

"I must admit, I am disappointed that I could not win the competition for you." He admitted, a smile stretched on his lips as he glanced down; the pink beard he sported today only drawing attention to it. "But this Meria, she seems to have suited you well." And she had, having taken her to her new position with ease as she trailed behind the Khaleesi.