lxxxiv.

Her allies had come to her in the morning; Yara, Olenna, Obara, and Oberyn all commanding the forces in Westeros as Qotho and Shaqafi represented the Dothraki, Harry, Malthar, and Sebastion speaking for the Golden Company, and Torgo for the Unsullied. Despite the table being long enough to fit plenty; the room felt crowded as her hand settled over her lips, one leg crossed over the other as she sat in the archway of the windows. The stormy weather summed up how she felt as she set her hands on her knees, Rhaenar's eyes barely lifting as she looked at the table.

The pieces were in the same place as they had been, some minor adjustments having been made after Rhaenar and Tyrion discussed it further this morning. "If you want the Iron Throne, take it. We have an army, a fleet, and four dragons. We should hit King's Landing now, hard, with everything we have. The city will fall within a day." Yara tried to reason as she stood at King's Landing, looking over the area.

"If we turn the dragons loose, tens of thousands will die in the firestorms." Rhaenar didn't want that, not if she could help it.

"It's called war. You don't have the stomach for it, scurry back into hiding." Obara spat at her hand, fury raging in the eyes so alike to her fathers. She was one of those involved in the plot against the Lannisters; barely clinging to his good side.

Tyrion frowned, his own emerald green eyes hardening as he watched her. "I know how you wage war. We don't poison little girls here. Myrcella was innocent."

"She was a Lannister. There are no innocent Lannisters." Obara hissed.

Oberyn shushed her, shaking his head at his eldest. "We do not hurt little girls in Dorne, or did you forget that in my absence?" Her eyes darted.

"Alright; we've heard enough spats at the table. We will learn to respect one another as we all have positions of power here." Rhaenar tried to ease as she lifted a hand to her head, weary of them already. They'd barely been here for a day or two and already they swabbled with one another. "I didn't come to Westeros to reduce it all to nothing, I don't wish to be Queen of the Ashes. My aim is to unite the Kingdoms once more under Targaryen rule, to benefit the people."

"That's very nice to hear. Of course, I can't remember a Queen who was better loved than my granddaughter." Margaery Tyrell, close to being called the realm's delight. "The common people loved her, the nobles loved her. And what is left of her now? Ashes. Commoners, nobles, they're all just children, really." Rhaenar would come to lean on Olenna's experience, especially after losing almost her entire family to Cersei. "They won't obey you unless they fear you."