Chapter One

Ramona POV

"Jackson, Ramona, come down here!" DJ shouts up the stairs while I'm dancing around my room for the fun of it. Whatever she needs must be important, so I turn off my music and leave my room, closing the door behind me. 

Jackson and I come out of our rooms at the exact same time, colliding and falling down the stairs, entangling out limbs together. When we reach the bottom, I realize that I'm fine, no damage done to me. However, the same cannot be said for Jackson, who is clutching his wrist in pain. "DJ, come quick!" I yell while disentangling myself from him.

"Ramona, what's wrong?" DJ asks me in a worried voice, somehow not seeing Jackson behind me, clutching his wrist.

"Jackson and I fell down the stairs, and he hit his wrist and I think we need to go to the hospital for an x-ray. " I say, pointing at the injured Jackson behind me for emphasis. 

"Oh my Lanta! Ramona, get my purse. Call Steph and Kimmy, tell them to meet us at the hospital as soon as possible, and help Jackson to the car please," DJ exclaims worriedly.

After relaying the message to Kimmy and Steph, I run to the kitchen for DJ's purse. Grabbing the whole thing, I quickly locate the keys and bring them to the front door. Lucky for me, the car is parked out front, so just as soon as I figure out how to get Jackson up off the ground without further injuring him, we can go to the car.

"Can you give your bad hand to me and stand up, using your good hand for balance?" I ask him, extending my hand out to meet his. 

"Okay. Can we get this over with?" Jackson says, wincing in pain as he slowly stands. Reaching into my pocket, I find the keys and unlock the car doors, yelling to DJ that we're leaving. 

Slowly but surely, I get Jackson buckled into the passenger seat. "Whew!" I say, wiping my brow for added effect while buckling into the backseat. 

"Ramona. My wrist hurts,"  he complains like I could fix that. I had to roll my eyes at that; Jackson knows that's out of my control, and I tell him that. 

DJ enters the car, still in her frenzied state. "Ramona, what did Steph and Kimmy say?" she asks me. 

"They said that after Max and Tommy's classes at the community center are done, they'll meet us there with Fernando and Steve." I said. 

"Oh good. I'm going to need them there for moral support. Let's get to the hospital, kids." she says in her normal tone of voice. 

----------------------

*At the hospital*

The emergency room is packed, so Jackson and I have to share a seat. Why DJ wouldn't let him sit with her, I will never know, but this is very uncomfortable. Do I like him? Yes. Is this uncomfortable and awkward? Yes. I really hope that the doctor comes in here to see him soon, so that I don't have to sit like this anymore. As soon as I think it, a nurse comes in and says, "Jackson Fuller, follow me." Finally, that took long enough. Oh crap, now I have to get up so that he can. "Deej, can you help me out here?" I say, while pointing to Jackson, still sitting on me. "Oh sure, honey, " she says, gently pulling Jackson off of me so that we can go into the room with him. 

Following the nurse's lead, the three of us walk into a small, green room with a sign that says: WAIT HERE FOR X-RAY MACHINE. Immediately, a nice lady with pink hair comes up to us and says, "Jackson, right? My name is Renee, and I will be doing your x-ray today. Come with me while they sit over here, okay?" Without another word out of us, she leads Jackson to the other room for x-rays.

Kimmy, Steph, Tommy, Fernando, Max, and Steve all enter the waiting room, joining us on the large couch. Max comes running over to me, showing me the new book he got while while waiting for Tommy to finish his class. "That's awesome, Max! Why don't you sit over there and read it?" I say while pointing at a seat a few feet away. "Okay, Mona." Max says while running over there to read. Gosh, this kid is seriously obsessed with reading.