Chapter 6

Chapter 6: I Want You To Know, That I Am Happy For You 

Ramona POV

"Ok, kids, here's the big surprise: We're going to Disney World for a month!!!! School can't start until September 27th now, so we'll be there until September 24th. Isn't this exciting?" DJ says, dancing around the living room.

Looking around the room, I see that I'm not the only one that is minorly dying inside. Jackson has that look on his face like he's thinking the same thing, Max has his mouth gaped open, the adults are all beaming.

"Holy Trump! I've never been to Disney World before. Wait, when are we leaving and why are we going for so long?" Max says, feeling for palpitations.

"Well, we're leaving in two weeks. For the first week, we won't do too much at Disney World, but, we checked with Dr. Vasquez. He said that Jackson can get a waterproof brace for Florida, and that  we'll be fine to go to Disney and go on the rides." Steph says, looking at the others.

"Oh, Ramona and Jackson, you two will have minimal time on your phones. As an event planner, I am in charge of getting the rooms and such organized, so. Get a pen and piece of paper, write your name on it, and two to three people you would like to room with. When you're done, give it- FOLDED- to me. Room assignments will be given out when I'm done with this." Mom says, distributing paper and pens.

Hmmmmm........ Who should I write down on my paper? I think the grown-ups are out because they all want to room with each other, so I write Jackson and Max down, fold it, and give the paper to my mom. "Thanks, Ramona." she says. After I walk back to the couch, I see that the adults did what I thought they would: Coupled up.

"After briefly glancing at the papers, it appears that everyone has requested just as I thought they would. I already had this planned, so. Fernando and I are together in the Donald Duck suite. DJ, and Steve are together in the Mickey Mouse suite. Steph and Jimmy are in the Minnie suite, Max and Tommy are together in the Pluto suite. Ramona and Jackson are in the Goofy suite." Mom says. Being honest, I thought it was going to get with both Max and Jax, but whatever. It'll be easier to sneak time on our phones this way.

"Quick question for Kimmy: what do you think we should pack for the trip? I want to make sure that I have everything figured out beforehand." Jackson says, causing me to stare at him like he's insane. After all, this is Jackson Fuller here. He once only packed clean underpants for a 3-day trip.

"I will email you all a link to a list of supplies needed for this excursion. Anything you take with you should come back with you. Steph, email the link." Mom says in response to Jax's question.

"Kids, you have to be mature in your packing. No more than 6 bags a person, and only one carry on." Uncle Jimmy says, earning a nod from the other adults.

"Plane seats are with the person you were assigned to room with and so is any time we use the buddy system or go out to eat. We've all saved up a lot of money for this trip, so behave or you don't go." Steve says, finally finished with his carrot.

"Can we tell our friends right now?" I ask. "We already told them that you guys had a surprise for us and promised to FaceTime them when we knew what it was." Jackson adds.

"Fine. But you guys spend too much time on your phones as it is." the adults and Max say in unity.

"Thank you! We promise, we won't be up there more than 20 minutes." Jax and I- we need a duo name- say, dashing up the stairs.

"So, do you want to FaceTime Alex or me?" I say when we get upstairs. Since my room is unoccupied and open, we enter there and flop onto my bed. Grabbing a pillow for both of us, Jackson takes out his phone and calls Alex, pointing the camera at me. "Get that thing out of my face. I have not beautified myself yet." I say, swatting at the phone.