Chapter 19

Ramona POV

"And why would he think that, Alex? Do you like her? Why are you dating me if you have feelings for another girl?" Sky says, earning more than a few stares from adults.

We've built a wall around Sky, where she's in the middle and, about five inches in front of her, is Aria and I. Ben, who, for some reason, was walking the streets with a bucket of popcorn is over by Jackson.

Waving over Ben and Jackson, I whisper, "You showed up at the perfect time. They're arguing. Gimme the popcorn, night walker."

"I don't know, Skylar! Elijah and what he thinks is his business, not mine, and I don't want to know." Alex shouts back after over a minute of uncomfortable silence.

"And how do I know that you're not lying?" she screams immediately as I chew quietly on my popcorn. Who needs HBO when you have your best friend and her boyfriend causing a scene in front of several police officers?

"What reason do I have to lie, Sky? Elijah probably wants us to date for some reason. I don't really know why, nor do I particularly care, but still." Alex says, lowering his voice.

"Aria's right here with me, Alex! What more do you need for reasons you could be lying? Hell, I don't even know if you two are cheating on Ben and I right now! But sure, put the blame on me." Sky screams, very close to violence.

"I know you really want to, and so do I, but there's no way in hell you can hit him with the cops here and not go to jail, babe." I whisper in her ear.

"See? Ramona can call her babe when she's in a relationship with Jackson, who, by the way got kissed by another girl, but I can't call Aria babe?" Alex says, clearly thinking eavesdropping is a good idea. What an idiot.

"She's a straight woman! Talking to another woman! Girls and women sometimes do that with their best friends that are girls! Meanwhile, you're a straight man in society, calling other girls babe! For all I know, you're cheating on me with Aria!" Sky shouts, getting more people staring at this.

"And for all I know, you're cheating on me with Ramona! What's your point, Skylar? Enlighten me." Alex shouts as some of the adults actually walk over to us, observing this scene.

"My point is, you CONSTANTLY call other girls babe, Alexander. Do you know what that does to a girl's self-esteem? Do you? Do you know how much it hurts to know that you don't think I'm pretty enough for you, yet date me? Do you?" She screams, about one inch away from his face.

Instead of responding like a normal human, Alex kisses her and Sky instantly pulls away. "What the fuck? Are you on drugs too? Alex, do NOT kiss me! Or touch me! Ever. Again. Go. If you like me, even a little, even as a friend, you'll go and never look back." Skylar screams, sobbing into my chest immediately afterwards.

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay, you're strong and better than him. We've been through this before, and we need LOTS of chocolate and even more pizza, with a decent amount of time." I say, stroking my best friend's hair with one hand while flipping Alex off with the other.

"Mom, can you please get the pizza, pepperoni, and lots of milk chocolate? I have a feeling we're going to be here for a while, and she's got a broken heart." Jax says, pulling Sky in for a hug.

----

Okay, so this is DEFINITELY a dramatic af chapter, and I just realized that Sky and Alex are played by Bradley Steven Perry and Sabrina Carpenter, who also used to date.

One more update on both chapters and then I can breathe, help with yardwork, and have chicken. I got this!