Chapter 8

Chapter 8: I Like Me Better When I'm With You

Ramona POV

Grabbing our phones, Jax and I decide to take one more photo together before curating our posts. "Let's just be us for this photo. No weird poses, no forced smile, no pretending to be a real couple, just basic Ramona and Jackson." Jackson says, giving our phones to Ben and Aria, who actually took pretty good photos the last time, so they are our official photographers.

Putting about an inch of space between us, I say, "Yeah. I guess. So, how do normal Ramona and Jackson take a photo? Because last I checked, over half of our photos are taken when we don't know they're being taken."

"Good point. Umm, let's look at our phones. Would one of you please go to my photos app and scroll to the Ramona & Me album? Then tell us how we normally pose." Jax says, attempting to take charge.

"It looks like... y'all put your hands around each other like so." Ben says, grabbing Aria's hand so she can get up and then Ben put his arms around Aria's middle back, while she put her arms around his upper back. I think I remember doing that a few times.

"Oh yeah; I remember that. Let's do that for this photo, Jacksito. That way, it looks like normal Ramona and Jackson." I say, and we put our arms around each other as demonstrated by Ben and Aria.

"I really think people are going to love this. Mainly because it is everything they want." Jax says, smiling at the phone's.

"Oh God, you're right. That'll be the only thing people will remember about us, sophomore year. Scratch that, they'll remember more when we win both football and dance championships, but you know what I mean." I say, starting to realise the magnitude of this.

"Photos have been taken. Now, get to making that post!" Aria orders, laughing at how absurd all of this is.

"This may be the weirdest thing we've done in a long time, children." Sky says, pointing at our phones.

"Good point. However, this is pretty funny. After all, us having to date is... odd. Running into Anderson and Rocki here, though, that was really good for us, and really bad for them." Alex jumps in, no surprise there.

"Um, hello? People, these two have to make an Instagram post in like 20 minutes that will burn into the souls of everyone we know forever! Not to be dramatic, but let's just leave them alone and go swimming." Aria orders again, dragging Ben out of his seat to the pool.

"Damn. When'd Ari get so demanding and ordering? Seriously, this is a new side to her and, to quote McDonalds here, I'm lovin' it." I say, opening Instagram on my phone.

"It's cute that you think I of all people have a clue what's going on, Ramona. Sadly, I do not know anything that's going on with the humans." Jackson says.

"This is so awkward. I mean, we have hundreds, if not thousands of photos together, but now we have to pick the best ones and put them on our Instagrams, all to get back at Rocki." I say, blushing a little.

"You are correct, Ramona. However, this was the only idea anybody could come up with, so this is what we have to do. Not to mention, it's efficient as hell. As for your concerns about photos, let's just use whatever ones we feel like." Jackson says, being the voice of reason. We are not in a good or normal situation when he's the sane one, but he's doing a pretty good job at it.

Picking just the best photos of us on my phone, I say, "What should we write? I mean, overdramatic Aria had a very good point: People are going to remember this for the rest of their lives- or at least high school careers."