Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Everything Has Changed

Ramona POV

"Well, it took you long enough." Aria, Ben, Sky, and Alex say in unison when Jackson and I jump into the pool, albeit phones.

"Shut up. We came in here to avoid the urge to check the comments when we're supposed to be having fun with you guys." I say, swimming over to them.

"Fake girlfriend, join me over here for a race to the other end of the pool." I hear Jax say, waving me over to help enunciate his point.

"I'm coming and hope you're ready to be beat, Mr. Fuller." I say, sassily swimming over to him.

"Mona, for the love of God, stop the sass swim. It's super embarrassing. Only do it if you see those who shall not be named." my fake boyfriend says, rolling his eyes.

"I agree wholeheartedly. In the meantime, 3, 2, 1, GO!" I hear Skylar yell from behind us. Why is Sky answering for me? That's weird- even for us. No time to dwell on that; I have to beat Jackson. Since he's stupidly doing the backstroke, I decide to make his defeat slightly less humiliating by doggy paddling my way to the other end of the pool. His backstroke takes longer to get there than my doggy paddling, which is quite fast, especially when I'm on the wall. "Ramona, you are the lucky winner. What do you have to say to your opponent?" Sky says, pretending to be an announcer on TV.

"Well, since I want to be nice and all... Better luck next time, Jax. I mean, I had to do my stroke of choice -doggy paddle- faster than I had before to beat him, so it was definitely one of our better races. One piece of advice: Don't do a backwards stroke; they slow you down." I say, going along with it while Jacksito just stands behind me like an idiot.

Since Sky and her microphone don't want to interview Jax, we all decide to just be dumb kids and try to make a whirlpool, since adults aren't in this pool and we're the only kids present. Granted, this pool is shaped like a rectangle, so we have our work cut out for us.

*After whirlpool had been made*

"I know that this was the reason y'all got into the pool, but I'm dying to see everyone's comments on the posts, so can we leave the pool to go look at them?" Alex says, clearly asking a rhetorical question as he is already out of the pool, and dragging Sky with him.

"That's a good idea, Ramona. Let's go. I know that it's killing you not to know what they're saying, though we have a pretty good idea." Jackson says, dragging both of us out of the pool to join everyone else.

Grabbing my phone from the bag Jax wisely put everything in, I notice there's something different about the case on it... mine is a collage thing I made at Walmart; this is just plain red. "Ramona, you grabbed my phone." Aria says, snatching it from me.

"Good god. If I didn't know better, I'd say that you were cheating on me or something with the speed you grabbed that phone." Ben says, laughing a dry laugh. He suddenly looks very nervous, which is not a common expression he has.

"Babe, you know that I would never cheat on you. After all, I'm a terrible liar." Aria says, draping her arm around Ben's shoulder and giving him a kiss.

Pretending to be immature children, the rest of us say, "EW, cooties!" and then howl with laughter.

"Real mature, guys. Especially coming from people who have had their first kiss." Aria says, laughing with the rest of us.

Digging into the bag again, I didn't see anything in there that resembled my phone, even slightly. Dumping the contents of my bag onto the chair, I still don't see my phone, but I do see Jackson's. "Jax, give me my phone." I say, going on his phone; we both know each other's codes.