Chapter 44

Djesleys pov:

"What would your brothers think if they found you here with me?" Sarisa asked, her wide green eyes locked into his stormy grey ones. He might me thirteen, but the amount of feelings he had for this maidens daughter were unexplainable. His father told him he would either way be a knight, a man of the Nightswatch or be married to a lords daughter. But it was already clear to him what he wanted, he wanted Sarisa. And he slowly started to think she started to see him as more then just a friend, at least, the look in her eyes had changed over the course.
"That I'm mad, going against my fathers wishes," he whispered, "that I'm crazy."
"I thought they already knew that," Sarisa quircked a mocking brow at him, making him laugh softly.
"Perhaps," he laughed.
"You know, I want to find love like Toria found Bran," Sarisa sighed, "I want to find that kind of love, when it clicks right away."
He gazed into her eyes, feeling his heart pound in his chest as she talked about love.
'I know you will,' he thought to himself.
"Of course you will find that I-"
A loud explosion sounded and his first instinct was to get Sarisa safe.
"My mother!" Sarisa shouted. The pain in her voice caused him to run to Camyla's room, as he knew she needed it.
Camyla ran out of the room, hugging her daughter tightly.
"Thank you lord Djesley," she whispered to him, just loud enough to be heard.
"There is no need to be mannered right now," he forced a smile onto his face. Starting to worry about his family, maybe he should run to Toria, she didn't knew everything about fighting and she was after all a girl. How was she supposed to protect herself.? But at the same time were Camyla and Sarisa girls, and they didn't know a single thing about fighting.
"Toria!" He recognized Klaus' voice. His older brother ran through the hallways with a big amount of speed.
"Klaus!" Djesley shouted at his brother, Klaus' long, black locks twirled around his head as he quickly turned to his youngest brother, he had a frowning face, clearly trying to figure out if he were Diyen or Djesley, due to Donovar having long, curly brown locks.
"Djesley," he eventually screamed, "are you allright brother?"
"I'm fine, are the others fine?"
"Yeah, I'm going to get Toria, listen, you have to take Camyla and Sarisa out of here right now," Klaus swallowed rather scared, "I think the Lannisters are here to murder us."
"Lannisters?" Sarisa asked him confused as she let go of her mothers hug.
Klaus nodded, "go on, Djesley, just run, I'll meet you again."
Djesley nodded, he had to stick to the plan.
"Take my hand," he held his hand out for Sarisa. She smiled at him, and even if it was just a small one it gave him more courage, more determination to survive.
The three ran as people were screaming and cuts were heard everywhere. He had to run, he had No choice but running.
"There is a secret passage," Djesley said over his shoulder.
Camyla trembled, causing Djesley and Sarisa to stop running. Djesley heard screaming men entering the castle. They had to leave.
"Sarisa, if I don't make it, you have to know your fathers name," she whispered, "he is Da-"
Djesley turned surprised around, wondering why she stopped talking as Camyla was trembling behind them.
He looked at the maidens dress of Camyla, to see the blood staining in her clothes and drip down on the floor.
"Mother!" Sarisa shouted in agony, it was by far the worst scream he had ever heard, it teared him apart inside.
Camyla collapsed on the floor, coughing and choking in her own blood. Sarisa dropped beside her, screaming for her mother as Djesley glared at the killer, who was lifting his sword to kill Sarisa as well.
Some rage came over him and he shouted outraged, tackling the killer on the floor.
The killers sword made a loud metal on stone sound as it fell away from the killer. Djesley had flinched his fingers into the killers eyes, the killer screamed in pain as blood drained from his eyes. Djesleys fingers went deep I to his skull before he could hear a plopping sound, like his eyes exploded. The killer was still alive though. So he took a dagger and finished him. Blood spurted onto Djesleys face.
He turned to see if Sarisa was allright, but it was her scared face that made him return to sanity.
"She's dead," she whispered desperate, "the Lannisters killed my mother."
Those words had cut deeper than a knife, Sarisa didn't have much. Sure, she was welcomed into the Darkerly's with open arms, because his mother and hers were dearest friends since they were little, but the only real family she had was her mother. All they knew about her father was that he was a smuggler, and that he probably didn't even knew she existed. Sarisa was devastated and here he was, with six brothers and a sister, two loving parents. She had No family.
"I'm sorry you had to see that," he whispered. She shook her head, "I'm not."
He blinked rather confused but her face hardend, like she found some strength in those words.
"We have to leave," she said, he nodded in agreement.
"I know a secret passage," he said, she took his hand, she held it tightly, afraid of letting go.
They ran quickly, but there were people in the room of the secret passage.
"Come on," she said when he got paralyzed, she dragged him into a different room.
Within a flinch he saw a sword get lifted, but he would not be in time to lift his own.
"NO!" Sarisa shouted and she pulled at his collar, but not quick enough.
The sword had cut a part of his face, leaving a thick cut in the left side of his face, blinding him in his left eye.
Djesley screamed in pain as he raised his hand to his in blood covered face. Just before the man could swing his sword again Djesley had already stabbed the sword through the mans skull.
The man collapsed on the ground, dead. It was then when he realised Sarisa's arms were flinched around his waist.
"You saved my life," he whispered as he slowly turned to see her terrified face, her green eyes blurred with tears.
"I could not lose you too," she whispered, burrying her head into his chest.
He was able to smile a little, as he wondered why the Lannisters were here to declare a war.
"Come," she dragged him into a big closet and she bandaged his left face side, "that will help for now."
"Thanks," he whispered back, he heard more and more men come, "we have to stay here, there are more coming."
It was dark and they could hardly see each other.
They sat in that closet for hours, all he could hear was fighting men and his own thoughts.
He had to fight for his family, he could not stay here, but how? He had to protect Sarisa, he knew nobody else would.
Her brothers would protect his sister, she would try to protect them all, his mother would protect her children and his father would protect his family. And that would make Sarisa just a maidens daughter.
He once heard Riler and Lurs scream, he could swear it was them.
He wanted to run out of the closet, but he didn't. He had to keep Sarisa safe and if he left he could blow everything. No he just had to hope they could all save each other. Someone had to keep Sarisa safe.
Another hour had passed and he tried to hear Jaime Lannister speak. All he could hear was that they had taken Darkerly castle and that they would say Wildlings had killed the Darkerly's.
They were all dead, his father, his mother, Riler, Tavion, Klaus, Lurs, Diyen, Donovar and Toria. He had lost his entire family.
His breath itched as his heart fell into a black abyss, they were dead. Murdered, by Lannister. Tears flooded down his cheeks, he wasn't afraid Sarisa would hear him cry, he was afraid Lannisters would. So he tried to remain silent, but Some sobs he just couldn't keep quiet.
Another hour or two had passed and they left through the secret passage. They ran all the way to a river and took a simple boat.
It was hard, living with the thought of the Darkerly Murder, but hearing people actually recalling it to be a murder by Wildlings made him even more outraged. When Sarisa told him about a queen across the narrow sea, he stole Some money and took her there. To Daenerys Targeryen, he saw her three dragons and how people believed in her. She was a good person he saw.
"Who are you?" She asked him and Sarisa. Djesley looked up fromthe ground and he bend the knee.
"My name is Djesley Darkerly, first of his name, lord of Darkerly castle, here to pleach loyalty, to you, queen Daenerys Targeryen." He had said.
"I thought Raydan Darkerly was lord of Darkerly castle?" She questioned diverting her eyes from a man beside her to Djesley.
"He was murdered, alongside my mother, six brothers and only sister," Djesley explained saddend, "Jaime Lannister killed them all. I heard of you in Westeros, and knew there would be no better queen to sit on the throne than you, your grace."
Daenerys Targeryen glanced at him with cold eyes.
"What do you have to offer me, Djesley Darkerly?" She questioned.
"Not much, to be honest your grace," he said honestly, "besides house Darkerly's loyalty to queen Daenerys, I can offer you my service your grace."
"Please, your grace," Sarisa's eyes were filled with tears, "it is not much we can offer, but we can not go back there, were just children, I know that, but I had to watch my mother get murdered infront of me by the same man who murdered your father, we will do anything to help you bring him down."
"Indeed, and I would not have come all this way if I did not believe you would be the queen who Westeros needs," Djesley added, "your grace."
"Very well," Daenerys said, "whats your name?"
"Sarisa, your grace," she whispered, "I was a maiden."
"You saved a maiden?" Daenerys questioned him and he nodded, she was so much more than just a maiden to him.
Daenerys straightend herself before speaking.
"I shall give you my protection and a roof over your head," Daenerys spoke, "Ser Jorah will train you more with a sword Djesley, and you will be by my side, and of course Sarisa shall be as well."
"Thank you, your grace," Djesley said. Daenerys smiled and he was happy for the first time since the murder.

He could feel the wind blow in his curly brown hair. They were going to Winterfell, he would see his family again, of which he thought were dead, he was so happy.
"You seem very happy," Missandei said beside him, he had not even realised she stood beside him.
"Yeah, I'm going to see my family again," he smiled, "I thought they were dead."
Missandei smiled kindly to him, "I'm very happy for you."
"Thank you," he took her into a tight hug, happy to sare this moment with her.
She stared at him, rather flabbergasted when he had let go of her.
"So, how's Sarisa, and the baby?" Missandei asked.
"They are fine, she thinks its going to be a boy," he said, "but I'm hoping its a girl."
Missandei quircked him a confused brow, most men wanted a son.
"Why?" She asked.
"So I could offer Sarisa the name Camyla for our daughter, her mothers name," Djesley said, "I know it will make her very happy."
Missandei smiled, "it would."
Djesley nodded. "So how are you and Grey Worm?"
"We're fine, though were not used to this cold weather," she giggled.
"Wait untill we get to Winterfell, its freezing there." Djesley chuckled.
Djesley stared dazing off again, picturing Rilers, Lurs' and Toria's faces, but older inside his head. His sister would never carry a baby, Bran was a cripple for as far was known, cripples could not have children. But he couldn't remember a woman ever wanted to consumate with a cripple beside from Toria.
"Hey," Sarisa whispered from behind him, he turned around to see her, with her hand on her little bump.
He kissed her and layed his hand on her belly. He was going to be a father, he was so happy.
"Little Raydan is growing fast," Sarisa said, meaning the baby. Djesley froze for a second by what she had just said.
"No," he said, Sarisa furrowed her brows together in confusion, "little Camyla is."
She smiled and took him closer to herself. He saw his queen talking to Jon Snow, she looked at him and Sarisa and he smiled at her. Believing in his queen with all his heart.
He was happy to see his family again, but also frightend.
Frightend into what they could have changed, frightend they would not bend the knee. They would not be the same as seven/eight years ago, he was sure about that, but he had no idea how much they could've changed.

-So, what do you think of this chapter? Its not much on Toria and Bran, I know. I wanted to give Djesley and Sarisa more attention now that they are returning to Toria's story. I have a question.
Who is your favorite Darkerly and why?

I hoped you enjoyed this and there will soon be a new chapter!