Chapter 48

Djesleys pov:

He walked around destroyed Winterfell, relieved to be alive, he didn't know who died yet. He wished his family was alive.
"NO!" He could hear Rilers agonizing scream from were he now stopped walking. Someone died.
Djesley ran towards the screaming Riler, fear was growing quickly inside of him. He just had his family back, he wasn't ready to lose someone already.
When he ran around the corner he could see Riler, punching the wall outraged and Toria had crawled over someone, stroking her fingers over his cheeks as she sobbed loudly. It was Lurs, he realised.
"No, no, no, no!" He shouted as he charges towards his siblings and started shaking Lurs' dead body, "no wake up, Lurs, please."
As he kept on shaking, faster and faster, losing his mind more and more someone layed a hand on his arm.
He looked to his left and saw Sarisa, her eyes filled with tears as she braced him. He saw Toria crawling into Rilers arms, sobbing loudly as Riler tried to hide his.
"He's gone," Djesley stammered through his sobs, "Lurs.."
Sarisa nodded slowly and he burried his head in the crook of her neck. Of course Lurs was his brother, but Toria and Riler had been through so much more with him the past seven years. He had already made his peace with his siblings death before, it still hurted so much, he had him back to lose him all over again. As they sat around Lurs' pale, cold body they took every second to remember him. Only if he had known how great he was.

Toria's pov:

She held Brans hand tightly, afraid of letting go. But also afraid of walking towards her brother, as if it would make everything real. Bran didn't speak, and it was enough because she had always known he would be there for her.
"Wait," Djesley said flabbergasted as he walked towards Daenerys, "Jorah.. is he?"
Daenerys sobbed and nodded, she looked at the ground right before Djesley took her into a hug. Toria furrowed her brows together, Daenerys hugged him back both bursted out in tears. That was also when she realised how tall Djesley had gotten, he would defenitly be taller than Riler, who had always been the tallest before.
She looked at Bran who nodded towards the pile of hay and woods signaling for her to go and see him. She shook her head, afraid of looking at him again. Afraid of remembering what happened.
"You should, love," Bran whispered, "or you will never have closure."
"I guess you're right," Toria sighed softly, looking up at the pile infront of her.
"Take my hand," Riler said, holding out his hand for her. Djesley walked back from Daenerys to them.
She took Rilers and Djesleys hand and the three of them slowly walked towards Lurs, to see him one last time.
The snow was falling and it was deadly quiet, every breath she made could be heard as they slowly walked towards him.
Lurs' lips had gone pale, no more blood was growing through his veins, no more smiles would come from his lips, no more dorky stuff, no more Lurs. She would never look into his stormy, grey eyes again and tell him he is worth so much more than he ever thought he was. She had always known that.
She took off the necklace she had grown used to, the necklace she always had, Brans. The arctic fox necklace he had made all those years ago, she had always carried it around, she had grown used to have it around her neck.
But she tied it around the ribbons on his armour, placing it om his chest.
"Are you sure you don't want it?" Riler asked, "Bran made it for you."
"No, he deserved to have it, it is the last thing related to our sigil," Toria said. She walked back to Bran and took his hand.
"It's allright," Bran whispered calmly.
Torches were given, Riler took the one. As Jon stepped forward to speak, she noticed she squeezed Bran hand.
It took her long, but she had changed. The years had changed her, she wasn't that innocent girl anymore who would read a lot of books, she wasn't the girl who would have secret fighting lessons with her older brothers because her father didn't want her to, she was something else now.
Djesley had changed as well, he wasn't the funny prankster he once was with Donovar and Diyen, there were no jokes anymore, Riler changed but not much, he had grown more colder.
"We've come here to say goodbye to our brothers and sisters," Jon said, "to say goodbye to our mothers and fathers."
As Jon gave his speech she could see the memories of Lurs flashing past in her mind.
"He might be dead here," Bran whispered, diverting her attention towards him, "but he's not dead in your heart, and he never will be."
"Thank you," she whispered, thankfull for his support, "I love you."
"I love you too," he told her with a slight smile.