Chapter 17 - Bunking

Jennie had just made her way back from the girl's toilets and was about to enter her Maths class where she would resume her debatable conversation with Jungkook, until something or more like someone caught her attention.

A black hooded figure stood outside the school, his body leaning against the wall behind him as he blew a gust of smoke from the cigarette he held in his left hand. His eyes were focused on the scene enfolding in front of him where a girl and boy were hugging tightly, refusing to let each other go. Jennie didn't know what came through her mind but she felt entitled to go up to the boy. Something about him intrigued her. So her footsteps led her to the front of the school, as she pushed the door open and let the fresh air consume her.

The boy's eyes stood fixed on the situation in front of him, not bothering about he small brunette coming to lean on the wall beside him. The girl, however, soon discovered the boy beside her was Taehyung. Honestly, she wasn't surprised with the numerous occasions she had met the boy with.

"Are you skipping class?" Jennie asked, her eyes focused upon his hooded eyes.

Taehyung finally released the girl beside him was none other than Jennie. He hid a smirk as he kept his eyes on the couple, the pair not aware of his watchful eyes following their every action.

"Here to snake me out, Kim Jennie." His voice made her shiver, the deepness chilling her every bone in her body. "Didn't know you were the type?"

"Don't assume, Kim Taehyung." She responded, harshly. The smirk he tried so hard to cover, was finally let out at the girl's attitude. "I just was curious."

"It seems like your always curious about me." He said.

"Not about you, you narcissistic ass." She cursed, her head nodded to the couple in front of them. "About them."

Taehyung chuckled. "Look closely, Jennie."

The girl, who didn't like listening to people who order her about, leaned her head obediently forward to get a clearer view of the couple. Her eyes scattered their features, when she gasped as she came to the conclusion that the pair was, in fact, Jin and Jisoo.

"Jin and Jisoo?" She asked, turning to the boy behind her who's eyes were fixated on her. "I didn't know they were this close."

"They only recently discovered their feelings for each other." Taehyung explained. "Their relationship developed when you came to this school."

"How do you know all of this?" Jennie asked.

"Lets just say, Jennie, I have eyes everywhere." He leaned in closer, his breath touching her nose. Then he pushed away and slid down onto the ground, his cigarette still held tight in his left hand.

"Why didn't Jisoo tell me?" Jennie questioned, more to herself. "I mean, I know about the arranged marriage but I did not expect her to actually like him."

"Some things you don't expect." Taehyung said. "I didn't ever expect that I would eventually end up talking to a girl for more than five seconds."

"Social much." Jennie scoffed, leaning down beside him to sit.

"Just don't see why I should waste time on girls." Taehyung said, he let out another puff of smoke.

"Your wasting your time talking to me." Jennie smirked.

"That's because your different, Kim Jennie." Taehyung's eyes turned towards her. "Your not here because I'm popular or good looking or smart."

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed as she leaned in closer. Her lips pulled to the side in a mischievous way. "Then, why I am here."

"That is what I'm curious towards." He chuckled. "You always seem to be there."

"I know right." She huffed, turning to face the car park where she had discovered that Jin and Jisoo had left. "It's like wherever I am, you always appear."

"Maybe it's fate." Taehyung smirked.

"Or maybe it's just plain bad luck." Jennie replied.

"You calling me unlucky." Taehyung stumped the cigarette on the ground.

"No I'm the one that's unlucky, I'm the one who has to deal with your ungrateful ass." She scoffed.

"Remember I took upon the offer to teach your dumb ass." Taehyung retorted.

"I didn't even ask for help." Jennie exclaimed. "It's only because I need to catch up on work."

"Keep making excuses." He mumbled, earning an ice glare from Jennie herself.

"There you are!" A voice exclaimed from beside Jennie, causing the pair who was slumped on the floor to look up. Both Lisa and Jungkook looked suspiciously down at Jennie and Taehyung. "Jungkook, it seems like we've interrupted the little lovebirds."

Jennie turned to Taehyung, glancing a disgusted look, before getting up and shouting,

"Its not what it looks like"

"Sure." Jungkook huffed in disbelief, ignoring the glare Taehyung gave him. He winked and showed a wide grin in response.

"Why are you guys here?" Jennie asked.

"We were sure you got kidnapped." Lisa explained, an exaggerated look on her face.

"Or maybe even murdered, so we asked Miss to let us find you." Jungkook added on. Jennie's face morphed into a face of shock.

Lisa smirked whilst crossing her arms, "Don't worry, we told Miss Nayeon that you still weren't familiar with the school yet and you probably got lost"

Jennie released a sigh, smiling in relief. But before she could maintain her happiness, Jungkook flicked her forehead.

"Because of you, I was the dumbest person in the class and everyone was laughing at me when I got all ten questions wrong."

"So, are your saying I'm normally the stupid one?" Jennie said, rubbing the sore spot on her forehead.

"Well, duh." Jungkook rolled his eyes causing Lisa and Taehyung to laugh at. Jennie hit the pair of them lightly on the shoulders before joining in on the laughter, Jungkook joined in as well eventually. The four of them broke into fits of laughter before it went silent.

"So, shall we go back to lesson or what?" Jennie asked.

"I'm not going, I staying here." Taehyung adamantly confirmed, pulling out his phone to reply to the constant text messages spamming his phone. "And it looks like I need to leave, now."

"Why?" Lisa asked, pressing questions on him.

"Just some business I have to attend to." Taehyung waved a hand before walking briskly to his car and making his way calmly out of school. Jennie stood there one shock, pointing a finger accusingly at him.

"Did he just.....?"

Jungkook sighed and put a hand on her shoulder. "He bunks off school nearly every day but his grades make up for his absences".

"What's so important that he has to leave, Jeon?" Lisa asked, figuring Taehyung's best friend would know.

"It's private." Jungkook stated, Taehyung's secret to important to be let out. "I think we should go back to Maths before Miss Nayeon sends out an alert for three missing students."

"Agreed." Lisa and Jungkook made their way back into school. They looked outside to find Jennie still waiting outside, looking questioningly at the car park. "Jennie?"

Her thoughts of Taehyung were disrupted as she mumbled a quick "coming" and turned on her heel to walk back to class.

She knew something was wrong and Taehyung was going to have something to do with it.

Xx, sorry for the late updating :(