Chapter 36 - Caught in the act

"They're here." Jennie called out, waking abruptly from her long nap after she heard the familiar doorbell ring. "Fuck, Jisoo, they are here."

One by one, everyone started to wake up, stressing and worrying about how the 20 minute break had turned into a whole hour worth of sleep.

"It's fine." Jimin and Chaeyoung came into the living room, smiling. "Chae and I sorted everything out while you guys were passed out."

"Thank you so so much." Jisoo pulled them both in big hugs before the doorbell rang again. "Shit, Lisa be a kind dear and delay them for just five minutes."

"Alright." Lisa agreed, dragging her sleepy boyfriend with her.

"Jin, you and me are going to be the ones talking, Jennie and Taehyung you guys make sure everything we have set up is working and Namjoon, please wake up those two dimwits beside you." Jisoo commanded, almost rushing to the kitchen.

...

"So, these are all your friends then?" Jisoo's mother looking over at everyone with a huge smile on her face. "What happened to Dahyun and the other one I forgot the name of?"

"They were too fake." Jisoo replied honestly, gesturing for both her mother and Jin's father to take a seat on the sofa. Jisoo then made eye contact with Jin, raising her eyebrows.

"Thank you so much for coming to our engagement party." It was Jin's time to come in.

"Yeah, it's a special moment for us." Jisoo casually walked over to Jin, kissing him directly on the cheek. Jisoo's mother and Jin's father looked slightly taken aback as they watched their children get along with each other comfortably, something that they weren't used to seeing in the past.

"Are you two dating?" Jisoo's mom blurted out, pointing her finger between the pair. "I thought you hated each other, although you did and try make it subtle so we wouldn't notice."

"Surprise." Jisoo waved her fingers in front of her mom's face. "We wanted to tell you that we are so grateful for the arrangement you forced between us, otherwise we would have never got to this stage."

Jin's father shot up abruptly from his seat, a cold and frustrated glare in his eyes. "The arrangement between you two is over."

Mrs Kim eventually rose up to his side, trying to silence him and stop him from spilling out their secret.

"Why?" Jin tried to hide the smirk on his face. He just needed to get right on his father's nerves so he could blurt our everything aloud.

Mrs Kim looked as if she knew what her boyfriend was about to do so she ushered all of Jisoo's and Jin's friends away into the other room and slammed the door shut.

"Your mother." He pointed directly at Jisoo. "And me are dating."

Jin and Jisoo both started absentmindly at their parents, acting as if the news shocked them.

"We have been dating for a quite a while now and we are going to get married today." He continued much to his girlfriend's dismay who kept watching her daughter's reaction carefully.

"Jisoo, honey, why don't we talk alone for a minute outside." Her mother tried to push her outside but Mr Kim pulled her back in.

"Don't touch my mother like that." Sure she did have some hatred towards her mother for cheating on her father like that, but if the disgusting sexual predator tried to lay a finger on her, Jisoo was going to lose it.

"Why not, princess." Mr Kim moved closer to her. Jin immediately came in between them, moving Jisoo back with clenched fists.

"So I see you are really in love with the girl." Jin's father finally spoke to him, his eyes crinkling at the side.

"Why don't you tell her?" Jin maintained eye contact perfectly, challenging his father. "Why don't you reveal what's really in your mind?"

"I could if you want." Mr Kim rose an eyebrow. "The contract has been already signed by both sides anyways."

"What's he talking about, honey." Mrs Kim clung to his side, looking up at him.

"Mother, your really gullible if you think this man here is marrying you for love." Jisoo interrupted.

"I don't think you understand our relationship, Jisoo." Mrs Kim glared at her daughter.

"He's using you for the money." Jin broke the news. "Go ahead, ask the monster."

Mrs Kim was hesitant as she turned to her boyfriends carefully,

"Is this true?"

Mr Kim chuckled emotionlessly. For a second, Mrs Kim thought that it was a lie but she was immediately proven wrong. Mr Kim shook Mrs Kim's hands off him and laughed at her, like she was a complete and utter fool.

"Of course it's true." He emphasised the last word. "I would never want someone as pathetic as you in the first place."

With words unable to come out of her mouth, Jisoo's mother backed away; the tears in her eyes threatening to fall out.

"Why don't you tell her more?" Jin continued. "You know, with what happened to Sandara?"

"Sandara." Mrs Kim immediately came to her senses at the sound of her eldest daughter's name. "What the fuck did you do with her, dickhead?"

"Your quite clever, boy." Jin's father smirked. He then directed the evil glint in his eyes to Mrs Kim who was shaking his shoulders desperately, the tears weeping out of her eyes.

"I raped her." He smirked, emphasising all the words one by one.

Mrs Kim couldn't hold herself up anymore as she collapsed to the floor, Jisoo rushing to help her.

"You bastard." Jisoo nearly lashed out at the smirking man in front of her.

"What the fuck are you going to do, girl." Mr Kim snarled at her, Jin immediately coming to her defence. His father looked at him, a look of digust as he watched him place a loving kiss to Jisoo's cheek.

"What a shame." He directed his words to Jin, immediately grabbing his attention. "You had two choices, stay with that pathetic mother of yours or come join me who will soon be one of the richest men in Korea."

Jin opened his mouth to snark a reply but it seemed as if his father wasn't finished.

"But you chose wrong, son." He poked a finger on Jin's chest who was trying hard to not to show how he was affected by his comment. Mr Kim then scoffed, throwing in a chuckle. "Never wanted a pathetic mother's boy like you anyways."

Jin flinched.

"You won't ever get that money." A voice called out from behind, Jisoo coming to face the man himself. "I'll make sure of it."

"How?" Mr Kim chuckled, his raised his hands for emphasis. "You have no evidence."

"3." Jisoo started to countdown randomnly.

"2."

"1."

Just as Mr Kim was about to open his mouth to ask what the fuck was going on, a series of knocks on the door interrupted him.

"Police, open up."

Jin smirked, his finger pointing in the direction of the numerous amounts of cameras and microphones placed subtly across the room.

He had done it, the plan had worked.