Chapter 21 - Success but failure

A familiar figure stood outside the door. He closed his eyes in on her, scanning her from head to toe. The girl who stood patiently outside the door, grabbed her phone out from her handbag and checked her reflection through the camera. It was when she heard some shuffling behind her, she could sense the presence of someone. Her head turned to look back and figure out who the person was, only to regret ever turning her head around.

"Jimin?" The girl questioned, in disbelief. What was her ex boyfriend doing outside of her house at 11 in the morning.

Jimin wiped any form of shock or suprise on his face, replacing with an emontionless, stoic face. He coughed in midst of the awkward silence, preparing himself to get some words out to his ex girlfriend.

"Seulgi." He greeted, bowing respectfully. He then took a chance to look closely at her, the emotions he once felt retuning to him immediately.

Her memorable light brown hair was gone, replaced by a vibrant dyed pink. It suited her, he had to admit. Anything looked good on her. She wore a pink tank top which matched her hair and showed off her perfect abs, no doubt to all the dancing he remembered she does. The outfit was paired off with some skinny jeans which fit tightly on her long legs and a pair of wedges, making her seem intimidating. He swallowed, his eyes quivering.

"What are you doing outside my house?" Seulgi asked, her voice failing a bit at the end. It was obvious the sight of Jimin had brought a change in her confident self.

"I'm here for Chae." He calmly replied, it taking everything to keep his composed posture.

"Chae?" It took a few seconds for Seulgi to understand. "Oh, Chaeyoung."

Her face contorted into one full of curiosity.

"You guys know each other?"

"Yeah." Jimin nodded. "She's a good friend of mine."

"Friends?" Seulgi chuckled. "The thought of my little sister being friends with the school's famous fuckboy is entertaining."

Jimin's face burrowed in anger. "What's so funny about that idea, Chae is smart, sarcastic, beautiful and perfect in any way possible."

Seulgi's eyes raged. "You never said those words about me when we were dating."

"That's because you didn't deserve it." Jimin countered back, his voice raising louder. "Don't forget, your the one that cheated on me."

"Only because I saw you with some other girl the other day, I thought it was over then and there." Seulgi shouted, blurting everything out in annoyance.

The front door swung open, revealing a certain red haired girl with a taller, blonde behind her.

"Hey guys." Chaeyoung greeted. The wide grin on her face immediately vanished once she saw the thick tension between Jimin and Seulgi. Both exes turned to her, anger evident in both their faces.

Chaeyoung backed away a little, her hands held in a surrendered position. "Alright, seems like we have a bit of a problem here."

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock." Jimin retorted. "Chae, you planned this didn't you."

"Yeah, Chae." Seulgi imitated the nickname Jimin had for her sister.

"Ok, maybe I did." Chaeyoung admitted. "But, it's all for good purpose."

"What do you mean?" Seulgi said. "Look at us."

"Okay, I think we should settle this inside." Lisa interrupted from behind, shooing everyone towards the door. "Lets go to the living room."

"Right." Chaeyoung clapped her hands together. "Anyone for tea."

Everyone just stared at her in disbelief, ignoring her.

"What are we even doing here, Chaeyoung?" Seulgi sighed.

"It's a bit obvious." Jimin interfered. "It's to get us back together."

"Not exactly." Chaeyoung denied, then saw the look on everyone's faces. "Alright, you guys are right."

"You knew about this, didn't you?" Seulgi pointed a finger accusingly at Jimin.

"Yeah, but I clearly stated don't tell her." Jimin sternly said to Chae, pointing sharply at Seulgi.

Lisa bumped her shoulder against Chaeyoung, hinting at her to leave.

"What?" Chaeyoung screeched, not getting the idea that they should go.

"Chaeyoung, we should leave." Lisa whispered, pulling the red haired off the sofa. "Give then some alone time."

"Alright." Chaeyoung have in, walking towards the door. "But don't blame me if all goes wild in here."

The door shut closed and then it was back to the dreaded, awkward silence.

"So..." Seulgi tried to end the tension by speaking.

"What did you mean when you said you saw me with some other girl that day?" Jimin interposed, his mind evidently elsewhere.

Seulgi cleared her throat, faking a cough. "Oh that, it was the day before we broke up."

"The day before I saw you with Taeyong." Jimin cleared, earning a glare from Seulgi.

"I was walking down to your school to come surprise you." Seulgi lowered her voice a bit. "When I saw you with this blonde, tall girl and it seemed like you were having a well good time with her."

"A blonde and tall girl?" Jimin stopped to think. "You mean Sana."

"Yeah, that's her name." Seulgi nodded. "Or at least that's what Chaeyoung told me."

Jimin burst out laughing, uncontrollably falling onto the floor and rubbing his stomach.

"What's so funny?" Seulgi asked, checking her appearance to see if she had anything on her face.

It took a few minutes for Jimin to calm down. Waiting patiently, Seulgi repeated the same question.

"Sana is my cousin." He blurted, bursting into laughter. "I can't believe you thought I was cheating on you when I was with my cousin."

Now it was Seulgi's turn to be embarrassed. How could she be so stupid? She knew Jimin wasn't the kind of person to talk to another girl whilst with her, let alone cheat on her.

"Oh." Was all she had to say in response. Her face turning to a deep shade of red wasn't helping the humiliation she was feeling either. All she could think was how their relationship was a waste due to her stupid self thinking Jimin was doing that. If she could go back in time and take back everything, she would.

"Hey." A deep voice rumbled in front of her. She looked up, gasped and found Jimin literally a centimetre away from her, looking closely into her eyes whilst lifting her chin up. "Can I kiss you?"

Seulgi's eyes wandered to his lips. His red, luscious, plump lips. She was meant to be thinking of Taeyong and how she shouldn't cheat on him, but Jimin was the only person coming into her mind. She still had feelings for Jimin and he knew it.

"Yes." She whispered, breathlessly before leaning down and capturing his lips onto hers. Their lips intertwined like they needed to get more of each other. One hand grabbed onto Jimin's hair pushing him closer and Jimin tugged at Seulgi's waist.

"Guys, I think it's time to stop the fighting, we've been waiting a long time and I don't think it's going too well." The door opened and in came Chaeyoung, ready with a frying pan in her hand. She caught sight of the pair, not noticing her entrance, a hint of realisation forming in her eyes.

Chaeyoung was meant to be happy for them. After all, she had planned everything and made it go as perfectly as possible. But she didn't feel happy. Instead, she couldn't bear the sight of seeing Jimin and Seulgi together. It made her feel annoyed, disgusted and angry. It made her bothered as if she had to do something to stop it. It made her jealous.

It was then she had realised that she didn't want to see Jimin and Seulgi happy. All this time, she had wanted what's best for Jimin and cared for his happiness. But now, she wanted to be his happiness.