Chapter 35 - He said it back

"What do you fucking mean?" Mr Kim shouted at the phone, about to slam his fist against the nearest wall.

"No, I can't postpone it." He angrily screamed. "It needs to be finalised today, no issues."

"I don't care if no employees are available." He continued, a familiar lady coming into his view. "If it's not sorted by tomorrow, I'll make sure your business files for bankruptcy."

"Baby." A voice purred from behind, starting to rub the man's shoulders soothingly. "What's wrong?"

"We might not have our wedding tomorrow." He sighed to his mistress, none other than Jisoo's mother.

"I'm sure they will sort it out." Mrs Kim calmed him down, bending over to lay a kiss on his cheek. "They know the power we have in our hands."

"It's just we need to get married as soon as possible." Jin's father said. "If not, then your husband may find out and god knows what he will do?"

"What about your wife?" Mrs Kim asked curiously. "Does she know?"

"I told her I'm filing for a divorce." He replied. "She didn't take it too well."

"What about Jin?"

"He's a bit taken aback." Mr Kim recalled. "But nothing he won't get over."

"Jisoo doesn't know anything." Mrs Kim gullibly said. "She can't find out."

"She's eventually going to find out, honey." Mr Kim furrowed his eyebrows. "I think you should tell her because it may be too late if you tell her after."

"I just can't lose her." Jisoo mother's sighed. "She means the world to me and finding out about this affair will be sure to force a wedge between us."

"We'll have to cancel their arrangement to each other as well." Mr Kim just remembered. "They can't be married when they're about to become step siblings."

"Oh yeah, that reminds me." Mrs Kim pulled out her phone, pulling out a series of texts from Jisoo. "Jisoo and Jin are organising an anniversary party, we could inform them of the great news there."

"Great?" Mr Kim questioned.

"They want this arrangement to be over." Mrs Kim smiled. "Jisoo told me so many times of her hatred for Jin."

"Well, then, this is going to work out perfectly." Mr Kim chuckled, bending down to place his girlfriend a kiss on the cheek. "I have business to attend to, I'll see you later."

"Make sure to attend your son's party today evening then." Mrs Kim relished in the kiss and smiled at her boyfriend. "It's our last day as an unmarried couple."

"Will do." Mr Kim replied, pulling his blazer on top. "Can't wait for tomorrow."

As he left the house, he mumbled something under his breath.

"Can't wait to also inherit the million of dollars that sits in your bank, honey."

...

"The table should be there, Hoseok." Jisoo pulled him over for nearly the fifth time.

"You know how heavy this table is right?" Hoseok rolled his eyes. Jisoo had been ordering them about ever since 10 in the morning, complaining about how everything should be perfect for the plan to work successfully.

"I don't care." She disregarded him, looking around to the kitchen. "Jennie, how many fucking times do I need to tell you that the candles need to be arranged in a special way."

"You know what, Jisoo." Jennie grew sick and tired of her best friend as did everyone else in the room. "Maybe you should try and do it instead of standing there bossing people around."