Chapter 2

The raptors walked sleepily back to their nest. The sun was high in the sky and the sun warmth up the earth, burning things, confusing scents.

"I'm tired!" Kilo complained.

"We're almost home. Just stop being a baby." Lima snarled.

Kilo groaned and continued to walk, his head down.

Chi stopped suddenly. That smell again.

"Does ANYBODY smell that?" Zulu asked.

"You smell it too?!" Chi asked excitedly. It smelled of smoke, weird interesting smells that filled the air.

Sound too. Like beating wings but MUCH faster. It was so weird. It wasn't right.

"Something is happening." Zulu croaked.

They nodded and ran towards the sound, curiously.

It was terrifying. Massive metal birds flew in the sky. They didn't have faces or their wings didn't beat. Large rotating things on their wings moved them.

On the ground, there were also metal creatures, but this time, there were animals in them.

Those weren't any animals. Those were the animals that their mother and father told them before they died. The most dangerous creatures in the planet.

"Humans!" Kilo took the words out of her mouth.

The humans and their machines were in a large heard of a combination of brachiosaurs, parasaurolophus, and triceratops. The herd was panicked and ran, sending dust rising everywhere.

The small machines the the animals were in were ridding beside them.

One of them stood up with a long metal stick and aimed it at a parasaurolophus. There was a loud shot, like thunder but it didn't shake the earth. The parasaurolophus collapsed on the ground.

"What?" Lima breathes unbelieving as they watched closely.

The parasaurolophus was still alive. Many humans got out the vehicle and through ropes around its neck.

The herd kept moving, veering around the dramatic scene.

It roared with agony and confusion as one of the humans kicked it cruelly in the neck.

A larger metal vehicle rolled up and they lured it up into the vehicle.

Chi looked around and saw many dinosaurs lying on the ground, being forced to go inside their machines.

Chi shook her head. "No!"

Her siblings looked at her.

"There's humans on the island!" She barked.

In that moment, everything she knew was about to change.