Chapter 8

"Ok, Tango. We're going to work on your responses today." Mark set down a bucket of frozen mice and she looked at it, slobbering. Days had passed since she arrived and got used to Mark coming everyday to feed and talk to her.

Chi wasn't actually sure what her name was now. Mark always called her Tango, but her parents gave her the name Chi.

Mark took a mouse and slipped it in her cage. Chi ate it, her tail wagging much like a dog.

He stood and thought for a moment as Chi paced, trying to get a closer look at the man.

"Ok, let's try this." Mark pushed the "food button" and more meat groaned out above her.

Chi yelped with delight and leaped, snapping at the large chunk.

"Tango, Look here!" Mark clicked.

Chi ignored him and tried to jump higher.

"Tango!" Mark banged the cage and Chi looked at him growling, then stared back up.

"I'm not going to say it again." Mark cooed and held up a mouse to her cage.

Chi looked up then back at Mark then at the mouse. She rumbled as she stepped forward and snatched the mouse from him.

"Your name is Tango." Mark said softly, stepping back. He pushed another button and the food retreated back into its hiding place.

"No! Where are you going?!" Chi barked at it.

"I be right back, Tango." Mark said and took the bucket with him.

"Wait! Where are you going? Chi clicked after him.

...

After hours of training and Mark saying Tango over and over again, they both got tired and eventually, he let her go to her bigger cage, the Jungle Cage.

Chi roamed around all day, bored out of her mind. There was a nothing to do at all. She ran laps and laps around, sniffing and searching the air. Velociraptors weren't meant to be alone.

"Tango!" Mark called from the small cage and Chi zoomed over there, hoping for something to eat or do.

"We are going to take you to see other raptors today." He said, tossing her a mouse and pushing the button to close her in the small cage.

Chi caught the mouse and swallowed it, blinking at him. "Got more?"

But Mark didn't understand her and he did a signal to a man and a truck backed up to her cage with that awful noise and sound.

"No, Mark! You can't trick me again!" She started hissing and spiting, trying to step back from the truck but the cage wouldn't let her.

A door opened and inside was meat! A big chunk too!

Chi leaped inside and gobbled it happily. Mark didn't trick her this time, there was food, but she was still in the truck.

The truck wobbled down a bumpy road and Chi couldn't see where they were going but she knew it was a cage. They probably won't let her free until a long time.

Her door finally opened and and hoped out, sniffing the air. It was a big empty room with balls and toys littered across the ground.

Chi picked up a ball and squeezed it between her jaws and I instantly dropped it when it made a horrible squealing noise.

She walked around this spacey place and another flap open.

Chi couldn't believe her eyes.

A gray male with hazy stripes stepped out of his cage. His sniffed the air and his eyes locked with hers.

He rumbled as he recognized her and he clicked happily, both of them, drawing forward.

It was Kilo.