Chapter 16

The velociraptors roared and pounced on every single one they could catch. Tango looked around and saw a human machine roll up to them and roaring as humans scrambled around them. Tango clicked out a warning to the others and they all split up, hiding under what they could find.

Tiger suddenly shot out into the open and thunder and more screaming then the orange and black raptor fell to the ground, scrabbling for the shelter of the trees and Tango knew he would never get up again. She felt responsible but had to keep going. She ignored the running humans as she quickly rushed across a clearing and bumped into Alexander. His eyes were wild and his instincts took over and his face showed that he enjoyed what they were doing.

Muffled noises sounded over the intercom and an alarm sounded and Tango watched as Bumble walked over to a small power substation and broke the fence, and chewed on something. Tango watched in horror as he let out a loud wail and fell behind the broken fence where she couldn't see him anymore. With that shriek, the lights went out and the alarm stopped wailing and the screams from the humans rose even louder.

Tango threw back her head and let out a caw, calling back all the survivors. The humans turned to them, confused from the darkness as dusk settled over the park. Tango ran by Alexander, rushing away from the chaos and soon several footsteps were running behind them and she turned her head to see most of them following her. They made their way to a clearing and a reeking smell swallowed them. Tango stopped her raptors and watched as a massive Tyrannosaurus rex looked at them with one of his eyes and tested the power line with his hands and knocked the gate down as it fell with a groaning noise.

Tango hissed to her flock to run and the trex stepped out and tried to snap at some of them but failed. If the trex could escape, how many more dinosaurs could escape? She glanced at her raptors and saw the light of wild instincts in them and knew she didn't make a mistake.