Chapter 4

Chi woke up in a tight space. It was made of metal and there were bars on the top of the roof.

Everything hurt. Everything ached. Her head hurt.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around. She tried to yawn. She couldn't. There was something on her muzzle.

What the heck?

She struggled and tried to roar. She tried moving but her body was trapped too. She struggled and instantly froze when someone banged on her cage. "Shut up!"

She didn't understand it but she knew she has to be quiet.

She shut her eyes and eventually fell asleep. She had a dream of her and her siblings. They were running in a herd of a mix of lots of dinosaurs. Roaming back at home. Their big island that they live together with for as long as they could remembered.

Chi jumped awake just to find out that she was still strapped down. She waved her tail in frustration.

Something fell down, hearing glass shatter.

She had no idea where she was. Was she outside or inside?

She felt constant swaying and men shouting.

Chi struggled even more, trying to move her talons. One of her talons got loose and she scraped at her muzzle.

The leather strap around it slipped slightly and she shook her face, trying for it to fall.

She was in aware of how much noise she was making. Someone opened the door and lots of men poured in.

Chi struggled even harder and got her other arm loose.

She used her talons to slide it off.

She roared and hissed and the humans poked her with things that made her sleepy.

She roared then snapped at a man. She seized his hand in her jaws and she shook it.

The mans cries filled the room then Chi heard other cries of fear. Stomping and shaking.

There were other dinosaurs here. Chi recognized the cry of a parasaurolophus.

And a triceratops. And an Ankylosaurus!

Many more shrieks and cries were called but Chi couldn't recognize them.

Chi let go of the man, sending him tumbling back, crashing into the side of the cage.

Chi threw back her head, calling to any other velociraptors.

None.

Men tried to put back the thing on her mouth, yelling and sticking her with stings.

She snapped and swiped her tail, trying to warn no one to come to her.

But they didn't listen. They charged forward and stuck her more things. She felt her tail hit someone and more yells and screams. Some came from her.

Her world finally spun and her head plopped down, falling unconscious