Chapter 7

Once again, her doors opened and this time, there were trees! And grass! An open field to run in!

It wasn't a lab were human walked back and forth glaring at her. Instead, bugs and butterflies fluttered peacefully around.

Were they letting her go?

Chi looked around at the land, sniffing the air to make sure it was true. There were no one poking her to hurry up.

She lightly jumped out the truck, landing on her feet slowly tip toeing around, sniffing the air. It smelled of dirt and trees and grass but there was an odd smell that hung in the air.

Where was she? She didn't feel swaying so she wasn't back at home. She wasn't sure she wanted to go back home. That was the place were her siblings died.

She walked around, feeling eyes everywhere. She knew she was being watched.

She cawed through the air, just to listen to her voice and to see how far her voice would go.

She stared picked up her pace and stared at a low jog, running around her new territory. Was it all to herself?

What was this? It was a massive wall. It's metal kept her from escaping. She clawed it, frustratedly and ran at full speed all they way around. On her way, she saw doors and what looked like cages. They weren't going to keep her in there. She continued to run and it took a while, but she finally saw her her claw marks and stopped.

Chi roamed around the massive, jungle cage for a while and she finally found a settled place in the center. It was covered in trees and she curled up with her tail over her nose.

She missed her siblings dearly. She missed clumsy Kilo and how he would plop on top of her while she slept, she missed Lima and how she would want to sleep far away from them, by herself, and how Zulu fussed at them because she wanted the together.

Together...

Never again. Instead, she was alone in a massive cage. Alone. She wasn't sure to be happy about having so much territory to herself or alone. She didn't know what to do with it.

...

Morning came and she wasn't used to waking up in a massive cage. Chi roared and clawed the trees in agony and pain of missing her family.

She was starving too.

She ran for hours around the cage, hissing and looking for food but of course, there was none.

But then there was a sound. A familiar tasty smell washed over her. She heard that it was called pig and the humans fed her it while she was in the truck for days on the "boat".

Were they feeding her?

She lifted her tail high and ran after the delicious smell. She finally saw the plale pink pig that grunted and squealed when it saw her.

She let out a rumble of satisfaction for the chase and the feeling as when she sank her claws and ate it.

Her feet's hit the ground as she chased the mammal. The pig veered right and shot straight to the cages where Chi promised not to be captured in.

The pig ran in a separate small cage that she couldn't fit in and the door that the pig lead her in closed slowly behind her. She whipped around, running trying to beat the door but it was too low and she'd crush herself so she stopped, hissing and spitting at the cage she was in.

It was small. Much smaller than the enclosure she was in. There were no trees but only woodchips under her claws that was he same.

It was big enough for her to walk and pace around. At least it wasn't like at tiny cages the humans put her in and she couldn't move an inch.

She barked as a human appeared on the other side of her cage and started talking.

"She's beautiful isn't she?" Said a man with red hair.

"She's fine, I guess." Another man said with chocolate skin. "She's yours?" He asked.

"Yes." Said a very familiar voice. Mark appeared and looked at her through the cage bars.

Mark! That traitor! She hissed and snapped at the three men but the bars stopped her. She hissed and paced as the men continued to talk.

They leaped back when she snapped and the brown man turned to Mark. "Be careful with this one, man. She seems dangerous."

Mark looked at her and put his hand in the cage. "Don't worry."

Chi hissed and tried to bite his hand but he removed it.

"Is she hungry?" He red headed man asked.

Mark shrugged and walked over to the side and pushed a button. There was noise and the familiar scent of food washed over her. It wasn't any dinosaur she ate before but perhaps some delicious food the humans invented.

A crane popped out from behind a flap at the very top of her cage.

"Do you want food, Tango?" Mark asked.

She hissed at him when he said that.

She only recognized two words. Food and Tango.

She looked at Mark, wondering if he was going to make the food drop so she could eat. It looked so good.

She tapped her toe claw, looking up. It seemed as if he was teasing her. She leaped up, barley nipping a pice.

She heard the men's "whoa!" And Mark finally pushed the button, letting the meat fall down.

She helped in delight and instantly began tearing the meat, eating it happily.