Chapter 15

Ducky was the first to strike. She pounced on the girl, the circle of raptors became dots as screams and shouts sounded through the air. Tango allowed her instincts to take over and nipped and forced her way through the chomping jaws and managed to grab a piece of the small human, hoping for none of their pelt they changed every day. Tango got a great piece and swallowed it with a gulp.

Shots were fired suddenly but no raptor was hit. She chirped through the air and told everyone to run away.

The raptors split up with hisses and disappeared into the shelter of the trees. The raptors joined up and ran beside Tango as she lead them to a wall.

"That was so great!" Bumble growled happily.

"Human taste good!" Chance admitted.

Tango licked her jaws, getting the last bit of the precious food off. She looked at her raptors then turned to the wall then rammed into the concrete wall, backing off as she stepped back, stumbled.

"Tango? What are you doing?" Littlefoot asked, taking a step forward.

"I'm done with this place. I'm escaping. You know the same thing that you ate was the same thing for follow? My mother said never submit to food and that's what we have been doing for the longest." She shot a glare at Chance. "The humans are not my masters. I am." She clawed the concrete, making deep dents in the wall. She demanded some of the strongest Velociraptors to try their best to break the wall.

Tango walked to Petire, her eyes glazed with fear. "You want to escape but what about my eggs?" She mumbled. She suddenly jerked up then looked at her in panic. "The eggs! Teddy! Today!" She roared in panic then dashed in the forest Teddy sped after her and Tango ordered them to stay while she dashed after them.

Tango skidded to a halt as she saw broken egg shells lying on the ground. Tiny foot prints lead into the forest.

"They hatched?" Teddy sighed with relief.

"Where did they go?" Petrie panicked. "I have to find them!" She stumbled back, sniffing a chirping angrily.

"Hush! Let me concentrate!" Tango hissed and sniffed the shells before cawing and running off into the forest, leaping over a ridge and she realized it would never be the same as running through a real jungle. She stopped and took a few steps back.

"Are they here?" Petrie asked, after Teddy trotted by her side.

Tango nodded. "They should see your face first. Not mine." Tango dipped her head and heard a small squeak of fear as the baby raptors finally noticed they were there. Petrie purred to Teddy then disappeared in the bush, him following behind.

Tango heard much purring and chirps of joy. There was a whimper and Petrie came out with a limp body. "This one didn't survive." She said and set it down. "Come meet my other ones." Light of pride flickered in both of their eyes as Petrie rounded up the small dinosaurs with her tail and three stumbled out into the open, looking at Tango with wide, curious eyes. Tango let out a purr and touched one with her muzzle.

"Let's take them with us." She said and grabbed one, ignoring how Teddy flinched.

Teddy and Petrie each grabbed one and as Petrie leaned down to saw her last goodbye to her dead hatching when suddenly a sharp alarm sounded. "Broken fence!" An intercom shouted.

"Hurry!" Tango hissed and they all dashed through the forest back to the hiding place and saw a yawning whole. Alexander stepped back and rammed one last time, breaking the wall just enough for them all to fit through.

Sounds of roaring came from deeper in the forest. "Humans!" Cera roared then looked at the tiny raptors who whimpered fearfully. "Hatchlings?" She rumbled at the tiny figures.

"No time!" Tango shoved the baby raptor in Cera's jaws and was the first to leap through the whole into the world, out of the cage.

"Finally." Tango's tail lashed as she looked around at the screaming humans.