Chapter 14

Tango ran after the pig, Ducky flanking her on the right, Tiger on her left. Tiger pounced, taking down the small mammal, killing it quickly.

The rest caught up and rumbled quietly. Tango waited for one raptor to eat but no one moved but they stared at the pig, drooling."What are you guys waiting for?" She chirped.

"You're alpha. You take the first bite." Chance replied, tapping his toe claw.

"Oh." Tango swayed her tail. "I don't mind, you guys can eat all you want." She said and the raptors stared at her in surprise. "Be fair though." She had know idea how they would share a small pig but each raptor stepped forward and Spike looked at her with his one eye then ate with the rest.

Tango managed to squeeze in and grab some and eat some. It wasn't as satisfying as she hoped. She didn't feel like eating and Tiger trotted up to her and dipped his head. "Between you and me, I think you a WAY better alpha."

Tango smiled. "Thank you." She sighed and watched him walk off. It was extremely boring. There was nothing to do, nothing to hunt. No action. There was another sound, a different sound, and all the raptors perked up with alarm and excitement.

"Humans!" Bumble chirped.

"You're happy about that?" Chance asked, showing that he never heard the sound before.

"No—well yes! It's different! They come and look at us!" Bumble replied rapidly and ran towards the sound.

Tango watched as the raptors ran excitedly. Tango trotted at the end of the flock, waiting to watch was about happen.

Tango rumbled curiously and nudged her way through the dinosaurs and saw a huge glass screen that she swore wasn't there before.

Littlefoot jumped up and down excitedly. Tango watched as two men surveyed the glass and talked to a small box. She could hear were they were saying from the thin glass and he small holes above. "The glass is secured and the raptors are in place. Everything is fine—Wait, Spike is missing an eye."Another noise muffled from the box then the men walked away.

"Wow..." Chance sighed disappointed. "Amazing."

Bumble ignored him as more people returned to examine them. "Release the pig." One said and another noise sounded and they all knew that noise: pig.

The raptors ran through the jungle, following the pig. Spike suddenly fell to the ground and Tango turned back to the old velociraptor. "Spike? What's wrong?"

Spike didn't reply but laid there motionless, breathing slowly, his nostrils quivering. Tango waited for a moment and waited for humans to come, obviously he was shot with a dart.

The humans never came and Tango waited patiently but eventually ran off to the others. Tango skidded to a halt as she saw the others curiously sniffing the walls.

"It just went in the wall!" Ducky chirped angrily.

Angry hisses rose from them them and the sound with the big glass screen was sounded and the trotted confusedly back.

This time, countless humans were staring through the screen and a lady was talking to them. "Velociraptors are pack hunters so we decided to put ours together. Real velociraptors, 65 million years ago, would've looked very different..." she spoke with interest. "But we modified them with different genes..."

Tango looked at the large number of humans. They looked harmless...and plump...and weak. Tango hissed at the pitiful sight but the other raptors seemed interested and tried to show off.

Tiger, Bumble, and Teddy were walking elegantly, showing off there stripes and patterns. Chance rumbled curiously as the screen and pecked the glass, sending the people jumping back and gasping surprised, a few squeals from the human hatchlings.

Tango growled, stepping back. The were just for show. They were just display! She watched as the others rumbled curiously, sniffing the glass, trying to smell their scent. Tango tapped her toe claw, annoyed then wandered off, looking for Spike after she just noticed he was gone.

"Tango!" Petrie calmed. Tango grumbled and trotted back to her group. "They are going to feed us. Well, do the chirping. I was thinking we could do it this time?" She said hopefully.

"You can." Tango grunted and watched the humans disappear but then appeared momentarily on the platform along with the trainer who usually called their names. Several humans stared down at them as they gathered below, attempting to show off.

The trainer held a mouse up, the raptors chirping excitedly.

"Alexander." He chirped and tossed him the mouse, Alexander jumping up and catching it getting a positive reaction from the audience.

After that came Tiger, Littlefoot, Petrie, Cera, Bumble, Teddy, Ducky, and then Chance. He skipped Tango and the audience clapped with joyful satisfaction. Tango hissed and watched as the crowd moved on.

The raptors rumbled then trotted away, continuing their day but a human hatchling—Tango never knew how they were born— stayed behind and dropped her toy down, into the cage, in front of Tango. "Mommy!" She cried.

Tango stepped forward and sniffed the object growling at it, looking up to see the child reach out but not even close enough to reach it. Tango jumped up, trying to snap at her but she screamed and fell in the cage.

Tango watched the squirming creature as she screamed and Tango drew closer to her, arms extended.

The mother of the child ran back, screaming, attracting so many humans. Even the raptors came to accompany Tango. They all hissed and rumbled, forming a circle around her. They were all thinking one thing: I wonder how she taste.