Chapter 6

Chi was hissing and clawing at the leather on her muzzle when the truck came to a stop, knocking her to the cold metal floor.

Her doors opened and Chi jumped out, expecting to leap on a human but right into a cage.

"Shoot her. We have to get the muzzle off." Commanded a voice.

Sharp pain stung her in the neck. She threw back her head and howled as more shot into her.

She banged against the cage, dizzy and fell to the cold floor.

Chi woke up in pain. Pain was clawing her way down to her tail by the time she woke up.

She yawned and she yawned again.

The muzzle was off!

I clicked a few times, seeing if it was a dream.

It was off, but she was still in a cage.

She looked around at the white lab. There were humans staring at her.

"We only got two velociraptors." A man said with curly hair.

"Two? Usually velociraptors come in bigger sizes." A woman said, walking around the cage.

Chi tried jumped at her, and she stumbled back, surprised.

"Yeah...some died." The curly haired man said.

"Velociraptors are valuable! You can't just let them get away!" The woman hissed.

The man just mumbled something under his breath.

"We got some of her blood and it looks like she good to go." Said another voice.

Chi hissed at all the humans. She paced around as their beady eyes stared at her.

"Take her to the Velociraptor exhibit." Said the lady.

A man walked up to her and looked at her through the bars. "It's ok, Tango. We're going to take you somewhere safe. We are trying to help you."

Chi swayed her tail. She liked this man. She didn't know what he was saying of course but he talked softly, as if her cared what she was going through. He did call her Tango though.

But he was a human. All humans were evil. She tried to but him but the bars stopped her.

"We are trying to help you." Repeated the kind man.

Chi clicked at him and continued pacing.

There was a loud sound and a door opened.

Another truck pulled in right it the way of the cage door. One man opened her door and they expected her to get in the truck.

Chi hissed and stood there looking at the human staring at her.

"Get in the truck!" He yelled at her.

Chi tilted her head at him then at the truck. She just stood there.

"Tango." Said the kind man.

Chi turned her head to him, familiar to the word "Tango".

"In." He pointed at the truck.

Chi thought there was something in it. She leaped in, sniffing and searching inside.

"Excellent job, Mark." She heard the man who yelled at her say.

The doors slammed shut and she hissed.

"You tricked me!" She barked at the doors, hoping Mark was standing there.

"You hear me?!" Chi howled.

She slid as the truck pulled off, throwing her to the wall of the truck.

She stood shakily to her feet and fell as the truck bumped again.