Chapter 11

Tango limped/paced in the small cage as she heard men fight outside her cage. Several men were chatting loudly and Tango's name popped up every once in a while. Tango knew the men shouldn't have done that. She couldn't understand human but she knew that for a fact.

Mark appeared on the other side of her cage and Tango snapped at him every once in a while to warn him that he was too close.

"We are going to take you to other velociraptors now." He said. "Don't worry. We will be watching your progress and if you fit in with their flock."

Tango's feathers quivered with excitement and fear, noticing a few words.

Instead of shooting her with the powerful darts, they tied her up again with several humans struggling to contain her.

Chi was put in a truck once more and it was a long while until it finally jerked to a stop and they opened the door and let her loose.

Tango bolted into the forest, several unfamiliar scents washed over her. It looked like her jungle cave but was a different one.

She padded on, carefully deeper, sniffing bushes that belonged to other dinosaurs. Were they putting her in a fight again?

Tango suddenly whipped around to see a brightly colored velociraptor. He was bright orange with black stripes. And another velociraptor pounced out of the bushes. Then more and more came and Tango counted seven.

They all hissed as they drew forward, circling her and sniffing her slowly.

"A new velociraptor!" A cream female said.

"Why do they bring so much now?" The orange striped one said.

A large one stepped forward and sniffed her. "You're wounded." He had yellow eyes and he was a dark brown, with strokes of light blue in his scales.

"I'm fine." Chi hissed edging away from them.

"Come back to our nest." The large one, clearly the alpha scout, rumbled patiently.

The velociraptors surrounded Tango as they trotted even deeper into the jungle cage and the trees wore out and became rock. A desert terrain. There were rocks that were formed like a shelf and velociraptors crawled out of the holes, to stare at her. A grey tail stuck out from a large den and Chance's head popped out and he leaped down happily and ran over and nuzzled her. "Chi! You finally made it! Why do you have lots of scratches? Who did you fight with. Why'd you fight?"

"Chance, step down." The cream raptor rumbled.

There was a large male that stepped down from a rock and all the raptors moved out of his way. This was the alpha and there was no mistake. He had scars on his nose that showed that he was powerful and he probably won every fight he entered. He was brown with red stripes that Tango almost mistaken as blood.

"State your name." He hissed, circling her, sniffing her.

"Tango." She hissed in his face.

"Well I'm the alpha. So show respect." He demanded and padded off with a trot.

"You finally accepted your name." Chance smiled, wagging his tail.

Tango looked around at all the staring Velociraptors.

"I'm Tiger!" The orange and black one said.

Tango blinked, not caring.

"I'm Petrie." The cream velociraptor said with light blue markings. Petrie was actually beautiful. Tango didn't think she'd do good in the wild though. Her bright feathers showed her off. Also Tiger and two other males named Ducky and Bumble.

"Where'd you guys get these stupid names from?" Tango asked when Ducky finished introducing himself.

"The humans have them to us." Littlefoot, a tan and dark brown female purred. "Tango is a really pretty name."

Tango looked down and desperately wished she could say her name was Chi. The name her parents gave her when she was hatched.

"Tango." Petrie whispered when everyone left.

Tango looked at her. "Follow me."

Petrie led her to a small crack and Petrie squeezed in, leading to a small cave. Tango squeezed in after her and didn't know she was that flexible. That all velociraptors were this flexible.

When she looked in the small den, she saw eggs. Two of them. Both large and circular.

Tango purred with surprise. "Congratulations?"

"Thank you. Teddy and I are very proud but that's not why I brought you." She whispered, nudging the eggs.

Tango tapped her toe claw patiently.

"These are only two of them. I hid the others. Tango, they take our eggs and we tried to fight back we fail every time. They took Cera's eggs and she so depressed. I laid my eggs in the forest and took the weakest back here."

Tango rumbled curiously. "Why here?"

Petrie paced at the wall and she squinted harder and saw shadows. Human shadows. They were walking around, and she could very faintly hear them talking.

"It's a one way screen. They watch us and they are going to take them any day now." She whimpered.

"Why tell me?" Tango hissed.

Petrie blinked. "Tango, there is no mistake. You are from the wild and you're obviously not from here. I need real advice. I've been waiting for this moment for so long. A REAL velociraptor to help me. Spike, the alpha, is from the wild but he never talks and also I'm afraid of him."

Tango felt appreciated. "Ok, I'll see what I can do."