CAPUT DECEM

Jungkook's heart sunk further when she happily walked into the room with a bowl of fruit and she sat opposite him, crossing her legs and setting the bowl between them. "You need to eat~" she popped the strawberry into her mouth. "You should always eat and drink after activities like that to regain your energy."

Jungkook couldn't even dare look her in the eyes. He was convinced she needed to leave him, and go back to the underworld to continue her reign. But now? Now he wasn't too sure, even if that meant she stayed young and beautiful whilst he grew old and wrinkly.

"Is something bothering you?" She was sat beside him now, looking into his eyes and he forced a smile onto his lips.

"I-I'm fine." He forced himself to sound chirpy.

She was the one who wanted to go, she was the one who said she hated earth.

He tried to convince himself to not reply to Yoongi, telling him no.

"You're a terrible liar." She hummed gently and took a piece of melon and offered it to him. He took it between his lips and ate silently. "Thank you for helping me out earlier. Usually it goes a bit further than oral. But it's your first time. I couldn't do that to you."

Jungkook felt his heart ache at this. She had cake here teasingly and tauntingly, claiming he was her little plaything. But now? She had lost that attitude completely.

He sighed softly and kissed her forehead lightly, overstepping a boundary he had placed mentally. He couldn't let himself get too attached to her.

She smiled softly and they continued to sit there in silence for a while, her head falling onto his shoulder at some point as they sat there with the bowl of fruit.

"It's a shame." She spoke softly, feeling her cheeks flush with emotion. "That you're a human, not immortal like I am."

"Why?" Jungkook asked, taking the last piece of fruit.

"Because I wouldn't mind spending forever with you." She spoke softly before her eyes widened. "Because you're a really good friend!" She rushed, adding onto her sentence.

Jungkook gulped softly. "Do you still hate it up here?" His voice cracked and was barely above a whisper.

"Kind of. But you make it bearable."

"So you want to go back?"

"It'd be nice to go home..." Jungkook heard this and closed his eyes briefly and took a deep breath. He focused on the one thing he knew he had to do. Send her back.