Ep. 3 - Forgiveness

It was time for a new session.

As Death PACT prepared to go to the Cake at Stake ceremony, tension took over the competition and they all knew the reason.

Some came out fine, like Bracelety and Dora, but others came wounded, like Needle.

Needle had been missing ever since the challenge ended, Firey was looking for her in some nearby woods, he searched for a long time yet the forest was massive, it was going to take him a long time.

-At least 2 weeks earlier-

The challenge had just concluded, Coiny was talking with Firey on their way to the woods to try find Needle.

"Hey Firey... What do you think about Needle?" Coiny asked

"I... I don't know, I just want to find her, I'm worried about how this could affect her" Firey responded.

"So do you like her?" Coiny asked again.

Firey got a bit angry at his insistence, "I-I don't know! I'm confused, I got caught off-guard, I didn't have any idea!" He explained, "I still want to talk to her! She's my friend! I don't want her to feel bad..." Coiny didn't answer, the two kept walking.

-Back to the present-

Firey looked for Needle every day, he was worried, he just wanted to see her again, it's been too long.

On this particular day, Firey traveled deeper than usual, perhaps it was because today was Cake at Stake and he knew the contest would resume that day.

Near the end of the search, he took a right turn after passing a tree... and his eyes widened.

Needle was sitting on a branch in a tree near him, both hands lifting her chin.

Firey spoke up, "N-Needle?"

Needle, who was off-guard, instantly recognized Firey's voice and fell off the tree in shock, landing on the mud beneath her.

"Needle! Are you alright!?" Firey approached her.

"Firey! How did you-"

Firey interrupted Needle with a warm hug, he was at the verge of crying

While hugging needle, he continued, "Needle, don't scare me like that ever again! I've been looking for you everywhere, everyday!" he wept, "I don't care what do you think about me, I just wanted to keep meeting up with you! I thought I would never find you!"

"I... I'm..." Needle couldn't quite speak up.

Firey decided to break the hug, "Come on Needle, the challenge will start soon."

"B-But I don't want to go! Not again! W-What if something else happens?" Needle worried.

"Needle... the worst has already happened for you, nothing else will happen now" Firey reassured, "And nothing bad really happened... I promise..."

"But I don't want to go... I feel more comfortable by myself!" She explained.

"Needle, please come, everyone misses you."

"What will they say about my confession? O-Or me disappearing for two weeks? I-I'm anxious!" Needle quivered a bit, "How could they forgive me after that scare!?"

"Needle! We just miss you! Nobody thinks you're a bad person, trust me! Why would I search for you otherwise?" Firey attempted to reason, he was greeted with silence in return.

"...And if someone genuinely hates you for some strange reason... I'll burn 'em!" he exclaimed with a grin on his face. Needle let out a chuckle to Firey's comment, which lifted up the mood.