Ep. 27 - But Alas, Game On

Voting ends the 25th of March! Enjoy the episode :)

"So I remember doing my worksheet and-"

"Doing, your worksheet?"

"Pfft... well, you know, like, doodling on my worksheet! And then, suddenly... pop, just like that, out like a light! Next thing I knew... I was getting recovered outside in the grass plains, and so were my classmates"

"So you... died?"

"I mean, like, I didn't feel any pain, it almost felt like getting teleported, but how would I be getting recovered if I wasn't, like, dead?"

"Hm... okay, continue"

"So, disoriented, me and the other exitors look at Four once they finished recovering everyone, it's all bit fuzzy... We, like, asked what was going on, if the show had been cancelled, how we died... then Four, like, responded to us all with something along the lines of 'Look, what's important here is that BFB is going for round two' or something like that-"

"Okay hold on..." Basketball responded, the sound of the key pressing intensified as the amateur scientist wrote down Match's testimony as fast as she could.

Match, who sat in a small stool, swung her feet around as she waited for Basketball to give her the cue, glancing around the so-called underground factory. Its only window was sealed shut, if she were to open it, she'd drown the room in soil.

The atmosphere felt... intimidating to her, though she wasn't sure why that was the case, perhaps it the intense green light that her fellow friend-turned-teammate's computer setup emitted, it was the room's only source of light, for the power supply couldn't spare a single volt for an extra lightbulb.

Match snickered to herself before she spoke, "Damn, you live like this?"

"H- Hey, I don't wanna hear it! You're homeless!" Basketball replied, smirking and chuckling in between words.

Match laughed before replying, "Well, nearly everyone is around here..."

A bit of silence ensured, then a frown formed on her face, "...Hm, I kinda miss Yoyle City"

Basketball agreed with a hum as she finished typing her notes, "...Okay, continue"

"Right, so... Four explained BFB would reset or whatever, they never said why, but, like, some of the exitors were too busy hyperventilating to ask them, I remember David saying 'Aw' repeatedly, like, he deadass was having a panic attack or something"

"Uh-huh..."

"And... that's about it really, they explained that we would join the rest of the competitors soon enough, then, like, they snapped their fingers again, and next thing I knew I was getting recovered again"

Basketball stopped typing and looked at her, "The day of the special notice?"

"Yup, then we had, like, that weird ass first challenge"

"Eugh, don't remind me..." Basketball turned to keep typing away, "So that's it then? You randomly died and then Four told you guys BFB would reset?"

"Yeah... sorry if that's, like, not very helpful-"

"No no, it's okay!" Basketball interrupted her, she finished typing and reached for her mouse, clicking the floppy disk icon on the display and minimizing the window.

Basketball got up from her stool and faced Match, "Well, that's it, thanks for the help"

"Who can say no to an interview?" Match replied, getting up from her own stool, "Now can we get out of here? This place's giving me the creeps..."