Ep. 14a - Contest Interrupted

The thunderstorm has been going for days now, the situation went from unusual to borderline impossible and Golf Ball knew this.

So she brought her right hand man Tennis Ball down to her underground factory to investigate further, the pair was inspecting the skies, radiation, atmosphere behavior, and they wrote down as many notes as they could, but nothing of interest was found.

After a few hours, footsteps could be heard from the outside as Pillow entered the factory through the staircase.

"Hey, What are you both doing?" she asked.

Golf Ball turned around, "What? Pillow? How did you find us?"

"There's a gigantic trapdoor in the middle of the fluffing shelter floor that wasn't there before, was it supposed to be a secret?" Pillow asked.

"Hm... You do make a fair point" Golf Ball replied as she turned back to keep working on her analysis.

"So... How did you get this whole thing here anyways?" Pillow asked.

"Golf Ball has her methods" Tennis Ball backed her up, "Please don't interrupt her, she is really concentrated" Tennis Ball was waiting on some test results from a machine Pillow couldn't identify.

"What are you two doing anyways?" Pillow kept being curious.

"We're trying to find out the source of the unusual thunderstorm that's going on outside" TB replied.

"That? Oh! I have my own theories about it, I feel like there's something lurking in the skies above, really mad at all of us! Whatever it is, they're out to wreck us all!"

"Don't be ridiculous Pillow!" Golf Ball got irritated, "You're quite infamous for baseless theories anyways so why should I trust you!?"

"Trust me on this one!" Pillow fluttered her arms around.

"Well, just by looking at your arm movement I can tell that you don't care, so might as well exit MY FACTORY!"

"Oh cmon! That's a cheap shot! Barf Bag already disproved my arm-fluttering theory a long time ago with her essay!" Pillow lamented, "And seriously! I feel an evil aura every time I look at the sky..."

"THERE ARE NO WINDOWS IN THE SHELTER!" Golf Ball got exasperated.

"Oh... Right... But you should check the sky anyways" she insisted.

"I'm not gonna go through with your plan! Stop insisting!"

"Golf Ball, she actually reminded me, Have we tried the heat seeker yet?" Tennis Ball chimed in.

"I've thought about it, but I've ultimately decided against it, again, there is no way a living thing is causing such chaos, therefore, no heat signals would be present in the sky" Golf Ball replied, "Plus, calibrating it is such a hassle!"

"Maybe we should try it, we know people that are probably capable of doing something like this, like Four! They're powerful!" Tennis Ball insisted.

"I don't know why Four would do something like that! ...Then again I also don't know why would Four make us compete against each other either... Or where are they from... Or any ulterior motives..." Golf ball thought out loud.

After a few seconds, she sighed in defeat "Fine! TB, take out the thermal camera and plug it in!"

"On it!" Tennis Ball started to look through a shelf, he took out a tech-looking machine and plugged it into the power source that was also connected to a sturdy camera that was still pointing at the sky outside, this way, Golf Ball would be able to look at the thunderstorm from the safety of her own factory.