Ep. 24 - Spoken Word

Voting ends the 26th of January! Enjoy the episode :)

Click

...

...

"DNA communication device prototype 1, test No. 6"

The apparatus Pillow was holding, a small black device with a keypad that you could hold with your palm, reproduced the audio in Teardrop's voice successfully. She and the other two researchers gasped upon hearing the sound bite.

"This is huge!" Golf Ball celebrated with a huge grin on her face, "Tennis Ball, get Teardrop over here, she's gotta test this out!"

"Why don't we just bring her the device directly instead?" Tennis Ball asked her.

"Because Roboty over there would like to presence that moment, right?" Golf Ball turned to look at the mechanical mind, laying down on a table further into the factory.

"-.-- . ..." Roboty beeped.

Tennis Ball raised an eyebrow, "I don't know what he said... but I assume he said yes, so... I'll be back!" He responded before running up to the staircase and into the surface.

"AND HURRY UP, WE HAVE CAKE AT STAKE SOON!" Golf Ball shouted as he left the complex.

Pillow toyed around with the device some more and processed a new sound bite, "Boy do I love fluttering my arms and kissing girls!" The device generated, Pillow laughed.

"Hey! Stop playing with that!" Golf Ball turned around to scold her.

"But it's so funny!" Pillow said as she began typing yet another sentence.

Golf Ball walked up to her and snatched the device out of her hands, "It's weird! You wouldn't like if someone could generate literally any speech with your own voice now would you?"

"I mean... if it's funny..."

The shorter one sighed, "Whatever, the important part is that we've replicated Roboty's hardware and finished our first working prototype" she talked as she placed the device on Roboty's table, "And, now that we fully documented everything about how the speech DNA replication module works, that means...

Roboty?" Golf Ball turned to speak to him, "Thanks for contributing yourself for this invention, we're officially done using you for research"

"-.-. --- --- .-.."

Pillow approached a cork board near the table Roboty and turned it around, revealing images and notes all pinned on the cork, some connected with color-coded wool strings, "Hey GB, How is the Four case doing?" she asked while staring at the evidence board.

"Oh, that? Uhh, we've gotten some progress, but we've been focusing on Teardrop's device more recently" she explained, "Y'know, considering we were up for viewer voting and Woody forgot about his stupid token..."

"Right... You WILL use that information I got for you though, right?" Pillow asked.

"Absolutely, it's fascinating to think Four and the Announcer might have had a past... and that he was, well, murdered... I can't let anyone know though or word may spread about my investigation, and that probably means bad news for me..."

"I got Teardrop!" Tennis Ball shouted from upstairs, Pillow quickly turned the cork board back around once she heard his voice.

"Teardrop! Hello!" Golf Ball greeted her as she excitedly walked down the staircase and into the facility, "We've finally got a working prototype of your speaking device!"